Global Field CTO
This is a remote/ virtual position
As the Global Field CTO, your responsibilities will include identifying and recruiting a set of top-tier technical talent, with particular depth and influence in specific technology areas, industry verticals, or enterprise segment. You will be a hands-on leader, who leads by example. You will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of AWS in these technical, industry or enterprise focus areas. The job entails defining the set of deliverables we think will exert a high level of impact and influence on the market, and then working with the team to execute on that plan. Deliverables are expected to be reference architectures, solutions briefs, white papers, blog posts and webinars. The team is expected to be thought leaders in their respective spaces as well, speaking at events and in front of customers and partners. The team will also work closely with different field sales teams to both support large and strategic opportunities, as well as develop competence and capability within the technical teams across the global field community.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps develop the platform strategy for Blue Yonder, particularly the technical elements of the strategy (migrations, modernization, greenfield, transformation architecture, data and analytics) and plan.
- Responsible for understanding the use cases used in supply chain and developing the BY - based technical solutions that address those needs. This includes use of, and/or integrations with, third party solutions.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the global Blue Yonder community.
- Working with the Partner team, identifies ISVs and SIs that are the key players in the domains, and helps prioritize which systems are important targets to bring to the BY platform, as well as which SIs to focus on for GTM activity.
- Responsible for platform adoption by customers and partners and monetization of the ISV app exchange platform
- Responsible for ensuring that the broader technical community (SAs, PS Consultants, TAMs, etc.) understand both the use cases and technology involved in the select domains. Works with the Training and Sales Enablement teams to help develop the necessary skills and knowledge within the community, in order to help the team be effective in sales cycles.
- Develop the team to be well-positioned to establish technical credibility in sales cycles, so that they can stand toe to toe with any and all CTOs, CIOs, Chief Architects, Senior Developers, etc.
- Develops plans for thought leadership in each domain, and manages the team regularly speaking at industry events, conferences, symposiums, etc.
- 10+ years of experience in senior technical leader positions within the technical sales space, and enterprise solution selling experience
- Technical degree highly desired; or equivalent background
- Technical knowledge of enterprise IT is required, including database systems, tiered storage architectures, server and desktop virtualization, data center operations, network security, etc. with ability to go deep on technical aspects to understand current and future customer needs and present BY technical benefits.
- The right person will be highly technical and analytical and will be capable of understanding the complexities of large, global IT environments.
- Executive speaking and presentation skills including formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including strategic partners and ISVs.
- Depth and breadth in computer and cloud technologies, including application development, database systems, and large-scale systems. This team is extremely senior and needs a strong technical leader.
- The right person would be a recognized presence within one of the industry or technical areas covered by the team, to establish credibility both internally and externally.
- The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess significant software design and development and/or cloud implementation/consulting experience in relevant markets.
Supply Chain Nation
If you want to know the heart of a company, take a look at their values. Ours unite us. They are what drive our success – and the success of our customers. Does your heart beat like ours? Find out here: Core Values
Check out Blue Yonder's blog - Supply Chain Nation - the platform for supply chain trends and innovations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.