Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the world's oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Manager, Solution Engineering
The Solution Engineer II provides technical product support within Solution Consulting's Solution Development team to develop product enhancements that promote higher value to Sales prospects. The Solution Engineer II position has special skills and experience in User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) design and development and acts as the Solution Development UX/UI subject matter expert with the ability to present the technical capabilities of the products, specifically addressing UI/UX architecture and capabilities. The role works closely with the Product Management team to understand the product strategy/road map and to communicate requirements and trends encountered among Duck Creek's prospects. The Solution Engineer II may manage other resources in the delivery of key projects.
- Acts as the subject matter expert on the UX/UI technical aspects of Duck Creek offerings.
- Works closely with the Sales and other Solution Engineering and Consulting staff to promote Duck Creek product offerings.
- May manage other resources in delivery of projects
- Performs other related duties and activities as required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science or related degree/similar program or an additional 4 years of work experience.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience as technology architect, sale engineer, or developer in software development team or software/content implementation team
- 5 years of experience in Insurance technology
- 2 years in customer-facing role and/or experience
- Automated Testing tools experience
- Experience with metadata driven configuration tools preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Experience utilizing various Web application frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Bootstrap)
- Expert experience in more than one of the following technology competencies:
- Integration technologies (e.g. REST)
- Application Server / Component based / Micro-architecture development patterns and languages (e.g. .NET, C#, Java, etc.)
- Data/RDBMS/XML/XSLT Technologies
- Understanding of Object-oriented design, Java or .NET development, Relational OLTP queries and Relational database design
- Strong problem-solving skills, able to solve increasingly complex business problems and implement solutions.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership, with decisions regularly impacting own work as well as work of others.
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Travel: up to 20%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work