About the Agency
The Group Insurance Commission (GIC) seeks to hire an Office Support Specialist I - Data Entry (Office Support Specialist I). The GIC provides high-value health insurance and other benefits to state employees, retirees, and their survivors and dependents. The GIC also covers housing and redevelopment authorities as well as certain municipalities that elect to join the GIC. The agency works with vendors selected through competitive bidding to offer cost-effective benefits produced with careful plan design and rigorous ongoing management. The agency's performance goals are to provide affordable, high quality benefits and, as the largest employer purchaser of health insurance in the Commonwealth, to use that position to drive improvements in the health care system. The GIC's FY2020 appropriation is $2.1 billion and there are currently over 460,000 people covered by the GIC.
The GIC administers the Commonwealth's health, life, long term disability, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision insurance programs for some 460,000 state employees, retirees, and their dependents. These responsibilities are conducted pursuant to the authority vested in the agency by Chapter 32A and 32B as amended.
The agency is comprised of seven business areas: (1) Executive, (2) Administrative Services (Human Resources, Procurement, and Facilities Management), (3) External Affairs (Communications and Legislative Affairs), (4) Fiscal (Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable), (5) Legal, (6) Operations (Customer Service, Benefit Enrollment, Verification of Benefits, Life Claims, Continued Coverage and Mail Services) and (7) Benefit Procurement and Vendor Management (Vendor Relations/Management of GIC Benefits).
This position is part of the Operations Division which administers the Commonwealth's health, life, long term disability, dental and vision insurance programs.
General Statement of Duties
Responsible for the accurate data entry of information from insurance enrollment and change forms and other source documents by the required deadlines; verifies and corrects data entry information, assists other employees in organizing, planning and scheduling work, maintains work-flow records and detailed logs, performs related work as required.
Works under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Operations or the Director of Operations
DETAILED STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Works with other Office Support Specialists ensuring the maintenance and management of the GIC's Systems Unit to ensure that all data entry operations are completed timely and accurately in accordance with established procedures and schedules.
Processes enrollments and changes submitted through CRM system and enters insurance coverage transactions on the GIC MAGIC system for new enrollees in accordance with established schedules and in accordance with GIC policy and procedures
Enters insurance coverage changes on the GIC MAGIC system for GIC enrollees with established schedules and in accordance with GIC policy and procedures
Organizes enrollment forms and documents in accordance with standard procedures to prepare documents for data entry
Operates data entry equipment, printers, scan/barcode equipment and fax machines
Enters information in applications, such as excel and word.
Maintains records of pending or completed work for quality control purposes and verifies that work is being processed and completed according to established schedules and procedures
Reviews documents and identifies coding and transaction errors and corrects errors in accordance with established procedures;
- Adheres to production schedules, procedure performance standards, procedure manuals and may assist in the training of data entry operators and other GIC personnel.
10.Thorough knowledge of GIC benefits, myGICLink DocuSign enrollment, and enrollment/eligibility policies to assist enrollees when contacting the GIC by phone or in writing.
- Ability to gather information, make decisions, and make appropriate changes involving GIC enrollees.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy in transactions.
- Ability to research information and draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Experience with Case Relationship Management Systems, preferably Salesforce.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
- Ability to operate general office equipment including computers, copiers, fax machines and scanning equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and determine the applicability of data, to draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Knowledge of state laws, procedures, guidelines and GIC's rules and regulations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, emphasis with Excel and PowerPoint
- Candidate must speak fluent English.
- Bilingual Spanish/English candidates desired
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Office Support Specialist I:
Applicants must have at least (A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in administrative work experience or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below:
I. An Associate's or higher degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for the required experience.
II. An Associate's or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.
Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
Educational substitutions will only be permitted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.