The Home for Little Wanderers, the nation's oldest child welfare agency, is looking for an experienced and talented Payroll Manager to join their Finance Department, based in Brighton, MA.
Under the general direction of the Director of Finance, supervise and direct the payroll administrator(s) in the performance of their duties, providing financial reports to the Director of Finance, and maintaining courteous and professional relationships with employees and the payroll software provider.
How You Will Be Making a Difference
- Overall responsibility for the timely and accurate processing of payroll.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Human Resources staff to ensure accurate and timely employee data.
- Supervise the staff and functions of the payroll department.
- Review timesheets, manual and electronic payroll summaries, and HRIS data online for accuracy prior to their release for processing in Ultipro payroll.
- Perform final review of payroll batches for accuracy and completeness prior to transmission of payroll to Ultipro.
- Perform overall review of processed payroll received from Ultipro for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and submits transmission to vendor of 403(b) funding and forward related documentation to Director of Finance and Vice President of Finance for review and transmission approval.
- Prepare manual check(s), with Director of Finance's approval, as appropriate.
- Coordinate the distribution of appropriate payroll reports to all departments.
- Review quarterly/annual payroll tax returns, W-2's, and other information prepared by Ultipro.
- Maintain all payroll forms and procedures manuals and makes available on the Home's intranet site (HomeBase).
- Primary contact person with Ultipro for Timekeeping and Payroll related issues.
- Maintain a courteous and professional behavior with all internal and external customers.
- Respond to all customer inquiries and refer to policies and procedures and Director of Finance as applicable.
- Identify non-value added processes within the department and seeks solutions.
- Conduct/assist in periodic training sessions on appropriate topics
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or related course of study with 4 years of payroll experience.
- Or without a Bachelor's degree, 6 years of payroll experience, including supervisory skills.
What The Home Can Offer You
In addition to the chance to make a lasting impact on the lives of the youth of Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and New York City, The Home for Little Wanderers offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Extensive training to new staff
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Professional Development opportunities