Brightcove is a pioneering force in the world of online video. Our cloud platform enables Brightcove customers to upload videos, process them and prepare them for delivery on multiple channels.
Brightcove manages and distributes over a hundred million videos and adds hundreds of thousands to that catalog every day. That's no surprise given the explosive growth of online video but managing that content presents a huge challenge for our clients. To help solve this problem, we're looking for a developer to help us grow our Studio team.
About the Team
The Brightcove engineering culture is tailored to software professionals who enjoy solving challenging product development problems. The team you'll be joining is a small, self-organized Agile group. We use a light-weight development process that balances craftsmanship with execution. We strive to build engaging products with features that will delight our customers. Our team takes pride in achieving high uptimes and quality-of-service with low operational overhead. Team-members double as experts in operating the systems that they build. We are continuously shipping code -- several times a day. Everyone is encouraged to contribute to meeting our operational goals through robust, scalable designs, software quality, customer-facing service metrics, and DevOps automation.
The Studio is a set of web-based productivity applications to upload and manage video for Brightcove publishers. Our team consists of a wide range of technical skills across the stack from a front-end UX focus to deep into server-side and operations.
- Develop and deploy web-based applications. Experience with scalable backend services is a plus.
- Provide operational support for Brightcove applications.
- Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers to create new products and services and enhance existing solutions and workflows.
- Support your team in effectively prioritizing, developing, and deploying new systems, enhancements, and fixing issues.
- Develop clean, high-quality code and automated tests to verify its operation.
- Coach and mentor more junior team members
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment infrastructure for web applications and services.
- Experience in developing and deploying scalable web-based applications, SaaS systems.
- Experience working with AWS or related technologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with Linux, basic SaaS security, REST, and API design.
- Strong interest in working on a product for which UI (and overall user experience) is a big component and focus.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other software engineers, user experience designers, and product/program managers.
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of quality and customer value.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company's success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!