Excellent Care to Patients and Families • The Best Staff • In the Safest Environment
Nursing at Brigham and Women's Hospital is known for their excellent clinical practice and for keeping patients and their families at the center of all they do. We understand that great care is shaped by relationships with patients and their families. That's why we're committed to knowing our patients on a deeper level — not just as patients, but as individuals — to ensure that they, and their families, feel known and cared for.
At BWH, we proudly work together with a spirit of inquiry and a deep commitment to providing the highest quality, evidence-informed and theory-guided care in an inclusive environment. We work each day to achieve our vision — to provide excellent care to patients and families, with the best staff, in the safest environment.
Just as we have been able to reinvent health care, we have also transformed health care careers. Whether measured in terms of lives saved, awards earned, or the personal satisfaction of stretching your talents – a career with BWH is unlike any other in the health care field. Here you'll find a workplace where collaboration and teamwork are the norm, not the exception – physicians, nurses, technicians, staff and management form a close-knit bond, based on mutual respect and devotion to our patients. If you want an enormously fulfilling career, there's no better place to be.
The Staff Nurse will be responsible for:
- Providing care for patients on the thoracic intermediate surgical unit.
- Working collaboratively to provide excellent care to patients and families in the safest environment.
To qualify you must have:
- Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing with current registration in Massachusetts. For newly licensed nurses a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is required.
- Experience: Current Thoracic experience (within last year) required. Thoracic intermediate step down experience required.
- Other: Membership in professional organizations is recommended and certification in a specialty area is encouraged.
- Able to work weekend rotation per the MNA contract