AAFCPAs is the premier CPA and consulting firm based in New England and considered an attractive alternative to national CPA firms by discerning clients who appreciate exceptional value. We provide audit, tax, and advisory solutions to nonprofit organizations, commercial companies, and wealthy individuals/estates. Since 1973, our sincere approach to business and service excellence has built a thriving 200+ member firm driven by our altruistic mission to improve the economic well-being and quality of life for all constituents: employees, clients, and communities. AAFCPAs donates 10% of its net profits annually to nonprofit organizations.
AAFCPAs is an independent member of PrimeGlobal, the fourth largest CPA firm association in the world. This provides our clients with seamless national and global coverage, along with an advantageous pay-as-you-use model.
The Tax Director provides tax thought leadership, consulting and training for the firm in the areas of partnerships, affordable housing and tax credits. The ideal candidate would share accountability with partners to ensure that clients are satisfied and that quality services and final products/reports are provided in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assistdeveloper clients with tax and development accounting through all phasesof the LIHTC processing from application to syndication and loan closing
- Prepare andreview financial forecasts for tax credit subsidized transactions
- Evaluate andextract financial and non-financial data from information provided byclients, including letters of intent, audited financial statements, taxreturns, partnership agreements, loan agreements, and other documents
- Consult withclients on ways to optimize tax credit equity investments by evaluatingdifferent ownership structures, federal and state subsidies as well asdebt and equity financing options.
- Participatewith clients and project finance team members to discuss issues involvedwith structuring investments that qualify for federal tax credits fromrenewable energy, historic rehabilitation and/or new markets tax credits.
- Developreference materials and standardize approach and procedures within the taxpractice.
- Document andreference assumptions used in the financial forecasts and projections
- Preparesummarized financial data reports
- Assist withaccounting, audit and tax engagements with respect to year-end financialstatement audits and tax returns as well as cost certifications and costsegregation studies.
- Develop anddeliver training for staff members in area of expertise.
- Demonstratesand maintains high-level technical knowledge in the tax field.
- Promotes theinterest of the firm and displays leadership at all times.
- Models the firm’s philosophy and strategic positioning in the marketplace, including the “one-firm” concept, through all aspects of performing work, directing other staff members and interacting with
- BS inAccounting, CPA required, MST preferred.
- 10+ years’progressive tax experience, demonstrated knowledge of the affordablehousing niche, with strong knowledge of up-to-date tax guidelines
- Well-versedin all realms of major investment tax credits, including the low-incomehousing credit (LIHTC), historic (HRTC), new markets (NMTC) and renewableenergy tax credits (RETC).
- Exhibitexperience in developing a better knowledge of community developmentfinance and other tax credit subsidized investments
- Excellentverbal and written communication skills
- Consultingand business development experience preferred
- Perform workaccurately and in a time efficient manner, with strong attention to detail
- Strongorganizational and follow-through skills, ability to coordinate complexactivities and prioritize conflicting demands and deadlines
- Ability towork collaboratively and foster a productive, team-oriented environment
- Strongcomputer skills, including solid skill in the Microsoft Office suite(particularly Excel) and report writing tools, and ability to learn newprograms quickly
- Maintain aprofessional demeanor with co-workers and clients
- Able tocontribute ideas and add value to designated team
In addition to a competitive salary we offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes subsidized medical and dental, 401(k) savings plan, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability, plus more.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
JOB LOCATION: AAFCPAs, 50 Washington Street, Westborough, MA 01581
To apply for this position, please go to AAFCPAs’ website: www.aafcpa.com and click the link to Careers.