Rockland Trust is currently seeking a FT Teller Specialist I to work in our Brookline Branch.
The Teller Specialist I reports to Branch Manager and/or Designee and oversees the day-to-day operation of the teller line ensuring all compliance and procedural requirements are met by entire team. Provides leadership, conflict resolution, and process improvements to the teller line. Coaches team members on identifying sales opportunities and referring customers to appropriate platform or business partners in order to achieve individual and branch sales goals.
- Processes all transactions including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, check cashing, etc. in an accurate, efficient, professional manner within established guidelines and authority.
- Contributes to the ongoing improvement of the customer experience by leading, coaching and modeling quality service during every telephone and face to face customer interaction, while striving to reduce wait time and demonstrating enthusiasm
- Consistently meets customer service needs using problem solving techniques
- Ability to profile customers, utilizing systems and reports and provide leads to the platform staff for additional products and services
- Ability to make service calls as requested by manager/designee, to assist with onboarding customers including overseeing teller outbound calling activities
- Actively seeks knowledge and understanding of products and services to assess and meet customer needs and act as a resource to tellers
- Takes initiative in providing support for other departments in the bank and answers interoffice inquiries in an efficient and courteous manner
- Act as a leader to meet or exceed sales and referral goals by developing and engaging the entire teller team in sales activities
- Continually displays professional appearance
- Actively participates and contributes to monthly one-on-ones and branch meetings
- Creates and fosters a cohesive team and promotes a positive work environment
- Establishes and maintains a good working relationship with all bank personnel
- Oversees daily operations of the teller line, the daily settlement of tellers and branch cash
- Responsible for onboarding and training new tellers
- Display a high level of professionalism, adhere to dress code policy, treat all people with dignity and respect, and perform in an ethical manner in all transactions and interactions
- Understands and adheres to all security, compliance and retail banking policies and procedures. Ensures tellers adhere to the policies and procedures while processing transactions within established guidelines and authority, providing information, and balancing. Communicates new and/or changes of policies and procedures to all tellers
- Act as a leader in demonstrating self-service channels to customers, including ATM, Online banking and Mobile Banking*
- Assumes responsibility for additional reporting duties and responsibilities as required
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills as well as, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Sales oriented personality a must, with the ability to multi-task and work in a team environment.
- Possess excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Applicants must have a genuine desire to work with customers in a caring and empathetic way, with a positive approach to interactions with customers and team members.
- With assistance of Branch Manager/designee, position is responsible for overseeing the teller functions and daily teller line operations along with overseeing teller participation in achieving branch sales goals.
- Must objectively evaluate and document performance of tellers. Provides training to new tellers following the established Teller Training Program, when necessary. Develops and utilizes the skills and knowledge necessary for effective supervision.
Once hired, continued employment is dependent upon successful completion of Teller Training, which includes an exam.
- Normal office requirements with long periods of standing and continuous customer contact
- Must have the flexibility to support a 6-7 day branch as customer needs dictate
- Must have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two to four years of teller experience preferred.
Our goal is to offer our colleagues the most generous benefits package possible. We strive to provide colleagues with a comprehensive benefits package and an environment that supports a healthy work-life balance. Benefits include: Competitive compensation with performance incentive awards, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, a 401K and DC Plan for your retirement, LTD & Life Insurance, Day Care Reimbursement, Tuition Assistance for graduate and undergraduate programs, an award winning Wellness program and much more!
At Rockland Trust you'll find a respectful and inclusive environment where everyone is given the chance to succeed. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.