At Biogen, our mission is clear: we are pioneers in neuroscience. Biogen discovers, develops, and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. One of the world’s first global biotechnology companies, Biogen was founded in 1978 and today has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis, has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is focused on advancing neuroscience research programs in Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, MS and neuroimmunology, movement disorders, neuromuscular disorders, acute neurology, neurocognitive disorders, pain, and ophthalmology. Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
Global Business Services and Business Optimization
The Global Business Services (GBS) and Business Optimization team is a newly formed organization established to transform Biogen’s business processes to set a platform to scale global operations, fuel commercial growth and the innovation pipeline. Further, GBS will provide further value by developing and delivering a suite of business solutions and support services that are valued by internal customers. GBS will deliver services by leveraging a global delivery model, operational transparency and metrics, leveraging global best practices, and a service-oriented process improvement culture. All solutions will be supported by strong business cases and ultimately monitored for the effectiveness and efficiency against benchmarks and service level agreements.
The vision of GBS at Biogen is to be recognized as a world-class Global Business Services organization driven by the desire for excellence in its people, business solutions, execution and partnerships with internal customers.
The Business Travel Data and Operations Associate, reporting to the Associate Director, Global Travel, will be responsible for aggregating metrics from various sources and creating management reports for stakeholders. The ideal candidate will possess excellent quantitative/problem-solving skills and have experience developing complex Excel spreadsheets. The incumbent will be required to convert detailed data into broad scenarios while clearly identifying assumptions and decision points using Microsoft tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc. In addition to data analytics, the incumbent will also be expected to support supplier IT requirements, internal communication channels (synapse and Yammer), and assist in providing program support for stakeholders.
Knowledge of the Biotech/Pharma environment, the travel category, and on-line booking systems such as Concur and Cytric would be beneficial. Ability to work with stakeholders, and manage multiple workstreams simultaneously, are integral to success in this role.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
• Configure and analyze reporting data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations for further analysis or business action.
• Establish best-practice methodologies to develop and drive creative solutions
• Engage in root cause analysis
• Continually revisit SLAs to ensure proper components are being measure
• Develop complex Excel spreadsheets using multiple data sets, while ensuring data integrity.
• Provide operational guidance across global sites
• Assist in overseeing travel operations, ensuring system and process requirements are achieved and issues are addressed promptly
• Perform industry, market and competitive research/analysis as directed.
• 3- 5 years of analytic/data management experience
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to aggregate, normalize, and interpret data to create effective reporting
• Superior oral- and written-communications skills with the ability to influence all levels of an organization
• Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to shift priorities and manage changing demands with a sense of urgency
• Proficiency working with databases, Oracle, Scout, GEP, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as other reporting and analysis tools
• Project management experience desired
• Comfort with ambiguity, flexibility and ability to assimilate new knowledge and standards quickly
Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA or advanced degree desirable.
The Business Travel Data and Operations Associate, reporting to the Associate Director, Global Travel, will be responsible for aggregating metrics from various sources and creating management reports for stakeholders.