Location: Cambridge, MA 02139
Duration: 6 Months
Shift: M-F (8am -5pm)
Recent Ariba Software Experience Is A Must Have
• The Transactional Buyer is a member of the Regional Operational Buying Unit. In this role they are responsible for delivery of the end-to-end transactional Procurement process across the Region, and including the procurement responsibilities within client’s overall R2P process.
• In doing this, they have a wide range of responsibilities including catalogue creation and maintenance, supplier onboarding, handling and maintenance of purchasing documentation, and data preparation. In addition, and most importantly for internal customer service, they will be responsible for rapid and effective issue resolution as it relates to the transactional procurement process.
• In doing so, they will be required to work with end-users and to deliver a high quality service within a defined service level agreement (i.e. turnaround time).
• Their responsibilities for transactional requisition to pay processes will include ensuring that operational efficiency targets and KPIs are met and proactively identifying risks to the delivery of these targets. They will be required to implement requisition to pay processes in line with the global and regional process standards to ensure this.
• They are required to participate in sufficient relevant training and skills development to ensure continuous improvement.
• They will require business level fluency in their regions primary operating language. Additional competence in other English and other relevant languages in their region is strongly desired.
• Responsible for delivering the end to end Transactional Procurement process in an effective and efficient way, ultimately focused on cycle time Creation of purchasing documentation (where not automatically generated) Any required handling of purchase orders once created i.e. outstanding, incorrect coding etc.
• Creation and maintenance of catalog content Monitoring compliance across the procurement elements of the R2P process Supplier onboarding and supplier data maintenance (in support of supplier self-service)
• The transactional elements of supplier performance management - tracking metrics etc. Error and exceptions handling as arising from the R2P process Preparation of data and metrics as they may relate to spend, savings, transaction volumes, cycle times etc.
• Responsible for ensuring that requisition to pay transactional targets and KPIs on customer service are tracked and performed against.
• This includes proactive monitoring of performance and identifying risks and issues to delivery of these targets to the Operational Buying Team Lead as appropriate Working with the Global Process & Systems team, and in particular the Regional P&S Managers to address local process and systems issues as they relate to the transactional procurement process.
• In addition identifying opportunities for, supporting refinement of, and executing continuous improvement opportunities as they relate to process and systems.
• Escalating issues to the relevant support group within procurement to speed and aid execution of the transactional procurement process.
• Accountable for ensuring that all global and regional procurement content is adapted to local requirements where required. Accountable for ensuring that this accurately reflects global standards and regional requirements or adaptations are agreed with content owners.
• Perform continuous professional development activities relevant to their area and ensure training in processes and systems relevant to their position.
Education, Experience, Knowledge And Skills:
• Degree level educated or proven track-record of transactional procurement delivery Business level fluency in primary sub-region language 3+ years transactional procurement experience with experience in basic contracting, requisition to pay process and content management .
Good communication skills and ability to translate between languages and cultures.
• Experience in Procurement requisition to pay systems and processes for efficient updates to contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. SAP SRM).
• Experience or knowledge of offshore or shared service operating environments Proficiency in basic MS Office software and other business systems (SAP SRM, Ariba, Emptoris etc.)
• Requisition to pay systems or process implementation experience Pharmaceutical industry experience Shared service center operational experience Any Professional Purchasing (e.g. CIPS) or Finance related licenses or certifications would be considered advantageous Experience with enterprise systems and procure to pay tools such as Ariba, Emptoris, SAP or Purchase Order technology is preferred Competence or fluency in other regional languages strongly encouraged with English ideal.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.