This internship role is part of theLimitless@ Biogen program; the summer internship for neurodiverse college students. ‘Neurodiversity’ includes neurological differences such as autism spectrum, ADHD and dyslexia.Applicants will not be asked for documentation or proof of neurodiversity, unless requesting an ADA accommodation. Limitless @ Biogen provides support for managers and interns throughout the 12-week summer internship.
The intern will learn monitoring fundamentals and be responsible for supporting the Global Compliance Program through the collection and analysis of documentation and data to identify observations and trends requiring additional review, training and oversight. The intern will compile and review compliance data from various global systems and help the compliance team to use findings from the data to identify compliance risk trends. The intern will conduct global monitoring to supplement monitoring team and to test specific transactions outside the scope of annual Monitoring Plans, as directed, and collaborate with Biogen colleagues globally to develop new hypothesis and techniques for identifying risk.
To participate in the Biogen Co-op/Internship Program, students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Grade point average of 3.2 or higher preferred
- At least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and have completed at least one year of undergraduate studies by scheduled start date
- Experience working with data and analytic tools (e.g. Tableau or similar data visualization tool)
- Able to work in a matrix organization, and to prioritize multiple demands.
- Excellent organization skills. Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Proficiency with MS suite of products (MS office, word, excel, PowerPoint)
- In your application, please include a work sample where you were presented with a question that you needed to use multiple data sets to help form the answer (an example could be from a project you may have developed in college)
At least one year completed in Business Management, Business Administration, Finance or a similar degree or certification program
June – August 2020
Relocation isnot offered for this position.
Any disclosure of neurodiversity that may be made as part of theLimitless @ Biogen neurodiversity hiring program will not be disclosed with respect to any other position you may apply to at Biogen now or in the future, other than for a lawful reason such as if you are affirmatively seeking a reasonable accommodation as part of the accommodation process. Biogen is committed to providing any reasonable accommodations in the application process that may be necessary to provide the applicant(s) with disability an equal employment opportunity throughout our hiring processes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.