The Head of Analytics and Data Sciences (ADS) will be responsible for the development and leadership of the Epidemiology, Data Management, Statistical Programming, and Biostatistics functions. Through this role, they will promote excellence through statistical and measurement science, champion the advancement of the portfolio through ADS delivery, and drive a strategic and collaborative approach to accessing and analyzing data. Serving as a key member of the Clinical Sciences Leadership Team and as such, this leader will be accountable for the development and implementation of innovative solutions to complex issues associated with Biogen’s portfolio resulting in data that will meet the required rigor and standards to support potential advancement of numerous drug development programs.
The leader will serve as a strategic partner to drug development leadership and the product development teams on the design and execution of robust clinical development plans across a portfolio of products throughout the development continuum of Biogen’s assets. In addition, the incumbent leverages their expertise to influence the external environment as a thought leader and is a key contributor to strategic long-term decision-making by Biogen’s Senior Management.
The ideal candidate will be an individual that has an interest in providing scientific leadership to the department as well as to the organization, a desire to advance scientific methods based on cutting edge methodology, with a proven track record of success.
This leader will report to SVP, Clinical Sciences, based in Cambridge, MA.
Responsible for delivery of timely and high-quality deliverables supporting Biogen’s business. Central to this role is Biogen’s product portfolio, but the leader is responsible for statistical support spanning a diverse range of problems across Clinical Sciences, R&D and Manufacturing, for example, by providing support to the manufacturing organization and assay development groups, as required, and identifying optimal solutions where an assessment of large of amounts of data is necessary.
The individual will provide managerial direction to achieve effective, timely, and innovative solutions to complex development programs. Central to this will be establishing and maintaining a culture of innovation, teamwork collaboration and accountability and delivering to established milestones with the highest of customer satisfaction, emphasizing communication, transparency of operations including issue management,and clarity of resource allocation. He/She will establish and execute Biogen’s Analytics vision and strategy, maintain relationships with outside organizations and experts, with the ultimate responsibility for statistical guidance to executive leadership to ensure data quality and integrity meets the rigor and standards required for achieving and maintaining global product registration. As the Department Head, additional key responsibilities will include allocation of resources, including the ability to adjust the resourcing model, development of staff, and ensuring the growth of the department.
· Strategy: Directs the operation of the ADS department to ensure effective contribution to, and support of clinical trials, clinical development plans, and harmonization of international requirements for registration and post-marketing commitments. Develop global strategies to enable the timely execution of innovative drug development programs that will meet with rigor and standards of global regulatory agencies and external experts
· Execution: establishes objectives and annual goals for ADS. Set priorities and ensure allocation of resources to meet aggressive timelines associated with the advancement of clinical programs and regulatory submissions
· Quality: Promotes rigorous quality standards. Responsible for the input of statistical considerations to Project Teams to ensure overall data integrity and to provide high quality output in order to advance clinical development programs. Ensures operations are fully complaint with principles of GCP
· Leadership and Management: Ensure an effective talent development approach is leveraged within the department; build a pipeline of technical and leadership talent.
· External Awareness: Keeps abreast of current scientific progress, leveraging them appropriate across Biogen’s business, and actively develops and maintains relationships with outside experts. Serves as a key liaison by representing the company with outside groups, partners, and collaborators.
- 15+ years relevant work experience; proven track record implementing solutions to complex issues
- 10+ years of experience managing epidemiologists, statistical, programming, and/or data management per