BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing great talent.
If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
RECEIVING ASSET PROTECTION (BDAP)
Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure receiving dock, protecting the safety of members and team members, and protecting company assets.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides members with prompt and courteous service and assistance. Maintains high standards of safety for members and team members.
- Secures the receiving doors when not in use and properly checks in visitors and vendors. Inspects bags, backpacks, briefcases, and lunch boxes / bags that are leaving the building.
- Assigns truck door locations and ensures drivers are outside of their trucks while it is being unloaded. Ensures the trucks are secured while on the dock and that full trailer loads are empty when departing the dock.
- Ensures all safety equipment (e.g. dock restraint system) is in proper working condition.
- Ensures that the receiving / employee entrance is alarmed when not in use, that the receiving and overhead doors are properly sealed, and that the alarms are operational.
- Verifies the seal integrity of all trucks, including distribution center loads and frozen / dairy shipments.
- Monitors distribution center loads to ensure all high shrink merchandise is properly secured. Ensures high shrink merchandise is removed from the dock at the end of the receiving day.
- Confirms incoming and outgoing Direct Store Delivery (DSD) quantities and ensures they are processed correctly.
- Executes merchandise protection on designated items.
- Validates that all merchandise leaving the back doors has appropriate paperwork and approvals.
- Operates the compactor and cardboard baler and secures the equipment when not in use.
- Spot checks merchandise returns, salvage, and club-to-club transfers for accuracy.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Must successfully complete required training and certification processes.
- Must be employed with the company for at least 6 months.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces. Frequently requires bending, climbing, crawling, pulling, reaching, stooping and climbing ladders/step stools.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance. Requires using a pallet jack to pull and push pallets.
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures, as well as occasional exposure to extreme temperatures in freezers and coolers.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: Boston