Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Senior Technical Writer to join our organization. The Technical Writer researches, plans, schedules and produces technical documentation in various electronic formats for a global audience.
This individual works with minimal supervision as a contributing member of the Customer Experience and Knowledge Management department, which is a multi-disciplinary team that develops content to support Waters' laboratory instrumentation and related software.
- Independently write, curate and manage accurate, concise, and well-written technical content in various electronic formats for a global audience.
- Follow content development, editorial, localization, and regulatory processes.
- Collaborate as a member of cross-functional project teams by attending meetings, interacting with subject matter experts, and establishing and maintaining good working relationships with all Waters employees.
- Adapt to new authoring tools and processes.
- Participate in and coordinate multi-writer projects.
- Mentor and train junior technical writers.
- Suggest and support improvements to corporate and departmental procedures and tools.
- Identify and escalate potential project risks. Provide solutions to potential risks.
- Encourage team collaboration.
- Represent the Customer Experience and Knowledge Management department at project meetings.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
- Either a scientific background or prior technical writing experience.
- Ability to write technical or scientific content.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire product knowledge and learn new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capability to represent Waters Technical Communications in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated experience authoring content for localization.
- Demonstrated usability knowledge.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with content management software.
- Digital communication skills.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience developing content for cloud-based applications.
- Understanding of continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) development.
- Understanding of software as a service (SaaS).
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world's leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials and food sciences for nearly 60 years. With approximately 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 31 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, and with products available in more than 100 countries.
Waters Corporation's businesses include Waters, TA Instruments, VICAM, ERA, and Nonlinear Dynamics.
Waters creates business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations by delivering ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC), high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), chromatography columns and chemistry products, mass spectrometry systems, laboratory informatics solutions, and comprehensive service programs to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. Celebrating diversity is important to us. We thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
technical writing, CX/UX. content development, Cloud based, SaaS