Business Office Manager
Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living is a 144 bed skilled nursing facility north of Boston and is currently seeking a Business Office Manager with experience in the industry to handle all facets of the billing and collections for this fast paced facility.
Summary of Position: The Business Manager is a key and visible employee working directly with residents, families and a number of essential Departments. These Departments include, but are not limited to, Admissions, MDS, Social Services and Finance. The Business Manager is responsible for the billing and collection of all resident accounts following established Company policies and regulatory compliance as dictated by CMS, Masshealth and other third party payers.
- Maintain daily census. Prepare census report for daily distribution to established group.
- Responsible for verifying and inputting financial information into billing system and maintaining resident files.
- Posting of deposits and EFT's upon receipt.
- Prepare monthly billing statements for Private charges.
- Oversee Resident Trust Activity and send out Quarterly reports.
- Enter Ancillary charges for month end billing verifying that charges are going to proper payer.
- Generate Medicaid & Hospice billing on 1st of the month.
- Generate month end billing on or before the 8th of each month for Medicare & Managed Care.
- Follow up on open accounts and make calls on slow payers.
- Work directly with families and agencies on Masshealth Applications, Eligibility Reviews and Information requests to help expedite approval process.
- Attend weekly Finance meetings and Company meetings when required.
- Prepare Quarterly Medicare Credit Balance reports and complete schedules for preparation of Annual Cost reports.
- Attend monthly A/R Reviews which demonstrate adherence to target goals for Collections.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Long Term Care billing and collection experience strongly recommended with a proven understanding of State & Federal regulations.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, vendors and Facility staff.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel & Word. Familiarity with PCC is a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as it relates to patient information. (HIPAA)
Compensation and Benefits (Full-Time )
The salary range for this position is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, participation in a retirement plan, PTO, paid holidays and more.
More About Us Chelsea Jewish Lifecare is an equal opportunity employer for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.