Job Title: Director, Employee Communications, Customer Success Group
Location: Waltham, MA
Reports to: Vice President, Employee Communications
About the company:
ServiceNow, the fastest-growing enterprise company over $1 Billion, is changing the way people work. The company was founded on the beach in San Diego in 2004 with the belief that getting simple stuff done at work shouldn't be so hard. And that the complex stuff should be easier to manage. We envisioned a world where anyone could create workflows that worked for—not against—them. The ServiceNow cloud‑based platform was built to simplify the way work gets done. ServiceNow in 2020 is focused on delivering the smarter way to workflow because behind every great experience is a great workflow!
Today, every enterprise is becoming a technology company, creating unprecedented challenges, opportunities, and complexity. ServiceNow lets them run smarter, faster, better. And it helps people spend their time on work that's meaningful, not menial.
We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be learning, growing and striving to be the best version of yourself possible.
About this role:
The Director, Employee Communications, Customer Success Group (CSG) will lead the creation and implementation of all employee communications for the Sales, Customer and Partner organizations, working closely with the senior leaders. In this new role, the ideal candidate will liaise with global communicators and senior leaders to foster inspiring, effective, and impactful communication that showcase our purpose, priorities and culture. This role will also serve as a key link between the Customer and Partner and Sales teams to foster alignment and consistency in communication and engagement around ServiceNow's Go to Market (GTM) vision and strategy. The Senior Director will develop and foster collaborative relationships with internal business partners to advise on ideal messaging, channels and approaches with the goal of delivering the best possible action and organizational outcome. We're looking for a remarkable writer, editor, visual communicator and leader. In this newly created role, the ideal candidate will serve as a key advisor to the leaders of CSG and business partners while reporting into the Corporate Communications teams and inspiring a team of their own.
What you'll lead:
- Develop communications strategies in support of global CSG in a timely, relevant, and engaging manner.
- Create and manage overarching strategy and messaging narrative for top CSG leadership, including the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Build and foster strong networks and productive cross-functional working relationships across organizational lines; work closely with business and brand marketing colleagues to develop visually compelling presentations and content for a variety of channels.
- Influence and support the deployment of change initiatives by developing internal communications campaigns to educate, inspire and motivate; advise business partners on local preferences, global best practices and culture; and leading a team of direct reports to do the same.
- Implement thoughtful, innovative and engaging communications that build on and enhance ServiceNow's purpose, culture, and strategic priorities.
- Produce creative, relevant stories rooted in company priorities; continually experiment with content to drive engagement for CSG.
- Coordinate, scope and advise top leaders in CSG of their involvement in internal events, external speaking, and media engagements, as needed.
- Partner with global communicators to execute events and experiences that bring employees together in new and engaging ways.
- Provide oversight and guidance to a team moderating social channels and constantly work to create authentic and engaging social/digital moments that help connect our top leaders of CSG with global employees around the world.
- Evaluate and report on communications performance, analyze insights, and iterate plans and leadership messaging accordingly.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- 10-12 years proven success guiding strategy and execution of global digitally-driven communications that inform and delight employees.
- Customer-obsessed & partner-friendly, effectively managing relationships near and far.
- Experience leading a team including anticipating and managing future business needs and the capabilities required for success.
- Ability to advise senior leaders on strategy, messaging and engagement experiences.
- Ability to translate business strategies into effective narratives.
- Experience producing thought leadership content for an international audience.
- Amazing project management and communication skills.
- Resourceful, self-motivated and able to independently prioritize shifting workloads in a high growth, ever changing environment.
- Proven experience building leadership visibility for global leader.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization structure.
- Experience working successfully to drive cross-functional alignment with highly distributed team.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.