Job Description Summary
This position is expected to perform the day-to-day maintenance, repair, and efficient operation of all building systems and equipment. The engineer will be expected to coordinate and complete all requests for work, assign priorities, delegate to appropriate contractor, if required, and follow-up on completion. In particular, the Engineer will be expected to perform maintenance, repairs and replacement of all HVAC, refrigeration systems, boiler,
water, and energy systems to ensure the effective operation of the facility. This is a non-supervisory position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operation, maintenance and repair of refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, together with all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperature, and air conditioning systems in their entirety.
- Operation, maintenance and repair of pumps handling water or other secondary refrigerating liquids together with all valves, appurtenances and lines used in the system.
- Operation, maintenance and repair of building automation systems for HVAC, including consoles, data gathering panels, remote sensors and indicating devices.
- Maintenance of rooftop condensers, cooling towers and other rooftop HVAC support systems.
- Operation, maintenance, and repair of all boilers, heaters, pumps, valves, appurtenances and lines used in the distribution of steam and heated or processed water.
- Operation, maintenance and repair of air compressors, together with distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control.
- Operation, maintenance and repair of all natural and manufactured gas distribution lines, including all valves and control devices.
- Operation, maintenance and repair of water filters, softeners, piping and pumps used in conjunction
- with water distribution, including all sinks and toilet bowls, including all supply lines, drains, water lines, control devices and sprinkler systems.
- Operation, maintenance and repair of all types of electrical motors and engines used to power pumps, compressors and fans.
- Operation, maintenance and repair of sanitary sewer systems, sump pumps including basins, water closets, urinals and piping.
- Maintenance and repair of trash compactors, including electrical and hydraulic systems
- General Maintenance may including but not limited to: Replace fire extinguishers when
- Needed, Cleanup of equipment in engine room and shop. General cleaning in mechanical spaces and perimeter inductions units. Maintaining and/or replacing door hardware. Minor repairs on
- Furniture. Replacement of lamps for light fixtures. Repairs on registers and radiators. Repairs on toilet
- Facilities. Replacement of filters in the HVAC equipment.
- Technical Proficiency
- Sense of Urgency
- High School Diploma of GED Equivalent
- Graduate of apprentice program or trade school preferred
- 5+ years of related work experience in operating refrigeration, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems in a commercial property setting
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Refrigeration Technician Professional License for the State of Massachusetts.
- May be required to have certification as a Universal Technician for CFC's depending on market licensure requirements
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record with periodic checks (where applicable)
- Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
- Experience in operation, maintenance and basic repair of HVAC, boilers, heaters, pumps, refrigerant systems, compressors, water systems, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with tenants, clients and vendors
- Knowledgeable in energy management systems, techniques and operations.
May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or on call duties
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must have ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
- Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
- Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
- Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
- Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.