Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Vice President to join our Customer Care Operations team within our Customer Success division. The Vice President of Customer Care will be responsible for ensuring that our clients get rapid, effective, and enjoyable support in solving their problems with our products, services, and interactions. He or she will also be responsible for identifying opportunities to eliminate the need for support through self-help, proactive identification of potential problems before they occur, investments in client training, and product enhancements. But enough about us; let's talk about you.
You are a strong leader who can bring expertise in driving a great customer experience and who is willing to help us rethink our entire support model if that is what is needed for us to be the best. You are someone who has a background in driving process excellence (e.g., Six Sigma/Lean). You exemplify collaborative leadership across several functions, including with our product leadership.
The Team: Our Customer Care team is over 550 people strong, with people spread across our US offices, our offices in India, and our support center in Manila, Philippines. We operate two call centers that provide critical, in-the-moment support. We have multiple teams that provide asynchronous support for electronically submitted support tickets. We have a technical advisor team that partners with our most strategic clients to guide their architectural decisions and ensure that their overall technology platform integrates successfully with our solutions.
- Build a strategy around the end-to-end client support experience and serve our clients better than any other company, at an appropriate cost structure
- Establish industry best-in-class customer experiences for all service interactions
- Drive innovative solutions: Design and suggest tools, techniques, and organizational changes to improve client satisfaction and increase the efficiency of delivered services
- Baseline, manage and improve upon internal and external customer service performance, with meaningful metrics
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement as evidenced by measurable (metrics and) results
- Collaborate with other athenahealth departments to ensure that customer support is aligned with the overall product, marketing, and service strategies of the company and drive desired outcomes
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree, Master's degree/MBA preferred
- 15+ years Customer Service/Support or related operational leadership experience
- 5+ years' experience leading large organizations in a high-growth SaaS/Cloud environment
- Experience managing performance of call centers/BPO vendors
- Experience with evaluation and leadership of off-shore operations
- Strong knowledge of product support technologies and tools to drive efficiencies and best practices
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA or Belfast, ME.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or "athenistas") are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
athenahealth is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity—that's why we recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. We're happy to provide a reasonable accommodation, for those with a disability, to complete any part of the application process. If you are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us at
email@example.com for assistance.