SUMMARY: Under the direction and supervision of the Chief Operating Officer (WACO), the Accounting Clerk is responsible for submitting all properly authorized invoices for payment and/or processing all payments for invoices/accounts receivable for all WACO Title department locations.? Duties must be performed in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring proper entry to general ledger accounts, and allocation of expense to appropriate cost center, if applicable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.? Other duties may be assigned.
- Take care of all Waco bills/accounts payable by coding them with correct cost center and general ledger and forward them to Arvest Finance and Accounting to ensure timely payment of invoices, including verifying proper authorization, payment amount, etc.
- Maintain files of paid invoices and unpaid checks.
- Process all wires and transfers for our escrow trust account through CashMan.
- Processes all end of the month data for reporting to Finance and Accounting for our P/L and balance sheet close out.
- Processes all payments for invoices/accounts receivable for all Waco Title department locations.
- Deposits all closing fee revenue for all Waco closing offices at month end.
- Duties include using Solomon to process payments and miscellaneous accounts receivable reports out of Solomon.
- Answer any incoming phone calls to the department as needed, and assist callers in the absence of the individual who was called.
- Maintain the bank's reputation as a prompt-paying institution.
- Cross-train with and back up other Accounting Clerks.
- Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties. This includes but is not limited to; complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls; report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations and report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
- Support and uphold the Arvest Mission Statement.
- Uphold the Arvest Code of Ethics and ensure that confidential information is safeguarded.
- Maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport with all associates in order to ensure accurate and efficient operations and service.
- Formulate and communicate new ideas and suggestions that will improve profitability and efficiency for the company?s overall operation.
- Promote professionalism at all times.