JPMorgan Chase's Receivable Operations division supports lockbox services delivered to wholesale (corporate), public sector state government, and Federal government clients. The firm's Receivables Operations division enables customers to accept traditional paper-based payments from clients by capturing information with efficient technology services and transferring it to an output file for accounts receivable updating. The main objective is to expedite collections of payments due by getting the check that's "in the mail" deposited into the biller's account as quickly as possible. A second objective is to expedite the posting of payment information, allowing the customer to update their account records. This can substantially reduce costs and expedite the crediting of deposits to individuals accounts, which provides high customer satisfaction and a rewarding service. Our strategic focus is to deliver an extraordinary level of service and quality to our customer while leveraging the firm's operations and technology infrastructure.
As a Remittance Processor, the individual will be responsible for processing daily document transactions which can include some moderately complex tasks. Each function may have multiple tasks per transaction. These transactions require judgment and experience with limited direct supervision. While receiving clear instruction, the individual must maintain the highest level of production and accuracy on a daily basis. The individual must also focus on process effectiveness with an emphasis on high quality service and productivity.
As a Remittance Processor, the individual will be responsible for the extraction of checks and remittances. Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing batches of work by extracting checks and remittances from envelopes
- Inputting data into the system while following standard operating procedures and customer specific instructions for processing
- Operating Imaging/Extraction Equipment (iTRAN, IBML, OPEX 7200, OPEX 150)
- Verifying negotiability of checks through customer specific instructions for processing
- Re-associating check images to corresponding material while validating quality of images
- Maintaining site productivity and quality standards
- Contributing to meeting team goals in addition to individual responsibilities
- Working in all areas/departments of production as needed
- Making judgment calls regarding routine duties but refer non-routine situations to a supervisor and/or manager
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Production environment focus around meeting deadlines
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Alpha/Numeric data entry and typing skills – with excellent accuracy
- Must be a team player and maintain a positive attitude at all times
- Effectively interact with all diverse groups within the organization
- Physical requirements: Sitting – up to 95% of the time, Standing – up to 10% of the time, Lifting – up to 5% of the time and up to 50 pounds; Walking – up to 10% of the time
Work schedule: Thursday - Sunday / 6:30am - 5:00pm
Pays 10% Shift Differential
This position may require you to work non-traditional hours and/or additional hours as business needs arise.