Under direction of the Project Manager or the Director, develops and implements a comprehensive program to collect data and effectively report information from these data to a variety of customers. The customers and end users of this support service include physicians, other clinical service and hospital leaders, physician groups, the Board of Trustees, System leadership and external oversight/regulatory bodies. This position generates reports and supports comparitive data base maintenance regarding strategic and operational performance for performance review, operational effectiveness, and improvement efforts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with clients to define project goals and objectives, determine information needs and develop a process to deliver relevant alternatives
- Explores and recommends measurement strategies including authenticating data results
- Performs statistical analysis as needed
- Integrates data from multiple sources to develop reports and other information tools.
- Provides necessary data analysis to support quality initiatives and measurement from both a cost and a clinical perspective.
- Develops appropriate techniques to gather data, streamlining and automating to the most prudent use possible
- Develops the skills of the data support staff and other quality/operations staff in collecting, analyzing, and reporting clinical information
- Communicates data variances and other pertinent information to his/her Director
- Ensures collaborative participation in the management of projects
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's Degree with a health care, science, or business focus is required.
- 1-2 years experience in a healthcare or business setting is required. 2-3 years is preferred.
- Expert in the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Word) is required. Experience in the use of a structured query language in a relational database is required.
- Experience in the use of Corporate HFHS Data Stores is a plus.
- Experience in the use of a programming language is also a plus.