799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
The Field Reimbursement Manager (FRM) helps minimize access & reimbursement barriers for patients and providers to optimize access to Inclisiran.
Within their geography, the FRM is responsible for addressing access barriers by strategically working with key customers and accounts to refine policies and solve the most complex patient access issues. The FRM proactively provides education and support on cardio product access programs for community practices, medical groups and facilities, and their staff. They serve as the key contact responsible for reimbursement and access support-related matters for cardio portfolio.
Your key responsibilities
- Subject matter expert on the payer landscape for cardio product, proactively provides education to facilities and partners on regional and local payer policies and processes.
- Work with internal partners to build strategic patient access and reimbursement account plans and review franchise, market access, and PSS business plans and objectives.
- Identify facilities that are capable of buying & billing for priority engagement.
- Implement the region access POA with assigned accounts/customers as directed by Area Reimbursement Lead
- Provide insights and updates regarding account implementation plans (e.g. actual level of centralization) to ensure overall territory POA is updated and current.
- Educate facility staff on NPC policies related to Inclisiran ordering, payment, inventory, product returns and replacement to support full integration of product into practice workflow
- Partners with internal and external stakeholders to identify, anticipate and address patient and practice reimbursement issues; Implement updates/changes to POA based on solutions generated to address issues.
- In conjunction with the AAD and payer team, act as the Inclisiran coverage and reimbursement expert for facility offices, cardiology practices and local field teams.
- Communicate and explain payer policy updates or system changes that impact access to Inclisiran in assigned accounts.
- Under guidance of the AAD, provide reimbursement insights to local field teams, and Novartis home office functions as needed.
- Proactively communicate Novartis specific patient services programs, policies, procedures and resource so that office staff is fluent in how to use access programs for cardio portfolio.
What you'll bring to the role
- Bachelor's Degree required. Business and/or biological science education preferred.
- 5+ years in commercial life sciences (pharma or biotechnology) or related industry.
- Superb knowledge of buy-and-bill reimbursement pathway.
- Experience working with established injection networks.
- Possess a strong understanding of Commercial payers, Medicare plans and state Medicaid in geographic region.
- Significant experience in patient assistance support, reimbursement support and other access programs.
- Travel by air or car within and outside the assigned geography required, as needed, to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Must live within assigned territory
- This position requires significant use of a company provided vehicle
- This is a field-based customer engaging position
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!