Senior Services is one of the largest and most comprehensive organizations serving older adults and persons with disabilities anywhere—providing vital, life sustaining services to our clients. Serving Kalamazoo and Calhoun Counties, as well as other portions of Southwest Michigan and caring for those in need for over 55 years, our integrated model of care helps keep our clients living safely within their own homes.
The RN Case Manager for the Waiver Department provides direct care management of Medicaid Waiver enrolled clients and services by assessing, planning, linking, monitoring, advocating, and responding to emergencies. This position will also require work with a challenging and diverse clientele and managing a close working relationship with all internal program and external contract provider staff to ensure continuity and cohesiveness of all aspects of services delivery.
Additional responsibilities for this role include:
- Conducts a comprehensive assessment to determine financial eligibility, identify care needs, and recommend services.
- Develops a plan of care that identifies frequency and duration of services to address all client needs identified from assessment.
- Links, coordinates, and monitors services through a network of authorized service providers.
- Documents in an accurate and timely manner all assessments, service planning, and service/client progress to ensure effective communication with colleagues and to comply with agency and MDHHS policy and procedure record keeping requirements.
- Works in harmony with the Waiver Nurse as part of the care management team.
- Provides to the Manager all required and requested reports to ensure timely service delivery feedback, data tracking, and efficient use of caseload management.
- Participates in all team meetings to receive assignments, give and receive feedback, and network agency/community resources to ensure effective collaboration between professional disciplines.
- Provides case consultation, staff education, training, and support to service providers to increase their awareness of the client’s long-term care needs related to planned services.
- Decisions for all day-to-day caseload delivery operations including specific services, providers, duration, and frequency, in consultation with program staff.
- Routinely consult with the Manager regarding overall program success and areas of concern.
- This position requires a minimum of Michigan RN Licensure
- At least one year of relevant work experience preferably with the elderly and in-home service delivery.
- Personal transportation plus a State of Michigan driver’s license in good standing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills plus the ability to work with elderly and disabled of a diverse cultural, social, and economic background.
- Individual will comply with the guidelines outlined in the Infectious Disease and Blood-borne Pathogen policies.
This position is a full-time (hours of operation are 8:30-5:00 Monday – Friday), exempt position offering the following benefits: health, dental, vision, 403(b) retirement matching, paid time off, and other employee-based assistance programs.
Senior Services is a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace and participates in E-Verify. All applicants will undergo a reference check, pre-employment drug testing, and a State of Michigan background check. Senior Services is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse field of qualified candidates.
Interested applicants should apply on our website at www.seniorservices1.org. Applicants may also apply in person between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at the Senior Services of Southwest Michigan office, 918 Jasper Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49001 or fax resume to: 269-382-3189. (no phone calls, please