Work primarily with pharmacy staff in the unit dose, outpatient, and intravenous admixture area.
Performs dispensing and billing functions in appropriate dispensing program.
Delivers patient-specific and floor stock medications accurately to patient care areas per department practices.
Assists the pharmacist in medication compounding.
Obtains accurate and timely medication history for each patient as directed.
Demonstrates awareness of differing physiologic requirements of patient age groups when performing tasks.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Years of relevant experience may be substituted for required education.
- Knowledge of Medical/ Nursing terminology. Familiar with aseptic technique.
- State Pharmacy Technician required
- Driver License in State of Michigan required (Home Infusion Therapy Dept only)
- Certificated Technician by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) required
Minimum Work Experience
- 1 year related experience preferred