Salary Range: $12.65 Hour
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Work activities in this position primarily involve the maintenance of park grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The list below is intended to describe the general nature of duties only. Employee shall perform other duties as assigned.
- Performs grounds maintenance around the beach, picnic and general park areas.
- Empties trash barrels.
- Picks up litter using a prod or by hand.
- Maintains and weeds flower beds.
- Ability to operate push mower, weed whip and Cushman cart.
- Ability to load, unload and move materials between work locations.
- Ability to traverse sandy, marshy or wooded areas with even or uneven terrain.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work varied hours depending upon park demands.
- Ability to get along with co-workers, supervisors and park visitors.
- Ability to perform essential functions.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED: Requires the frequent use of hand tools used for raking, digging, pruning, leveling, repair of irrigation systems; custodial tools such as brooms, mops, toilet plungers; landscape equipment consisting of large mowers, small tractors, groomers and snow blowers; basic construction tools such as hammers, saws, tape measures, carpenter square. Miscellaneous hand and power tools used for turf maintenance, light carpentry and painting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely required to drive, walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee is routinely required to use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is routinely required to balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch and must have the ability to traverse sandy, marshy, or wooded areas with uneven terrain. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely works in outside weather conditions. The employee may be exposed to heat, wet and/or humid conditions, chemicals, animals, foliage and vegetation, etc.
SELECTION GUIDELINES: Selection process may include, but is not limited to, any or all of the following: formal application, rating of education and experience, oral interviews, reference check, job related tests and physical exam to include drug screening.
A full job description can be obtained by contacting Human Resources at email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the vacancy is filled.