The Academic Enrichment Specialist creates an engaging virtual environment for learning, supporting children of Sun's team members on an as needed basis for homework, study time and check-ins. In addition to teaching and guiding students through their school-provided curriculum, tutors will maintain session notes, regularly providing parents updates to report on progress.
- This position requires flexibility in hours to meet the needs of student and parent schedules.
- This position is based in a virtual environment and can be remote.
- Virtually teaches and guides assigned students through their homework, learning and study preparation related to various course content provided by their school.
- Demonstrates academic competence in subject area(s)/grade level assigned.
- Prepares necessary activities to support/supplement the provided curriculum.
- Maintains a log of notes for each session; provides a weekly report to the parent of each student, summarizing.
- Conducts routine check-ins with participants and parents to ensure the content provided resonates with the target audience and achieves the primary objective of keeping kids busy and engaged with meaningful activities when they are not in school.
- Ensures content is being broadcast consistently and in in high quality; effectively troubleshoots issues when they arise with or without assistance from Sun Technical Support.
- Provides verbal recognition and praise throughout each session to help motivate students towards growth and improvement.
- Establishes clear and consistent expectations for each session to ensure there is a mutually respectful environment for learning.
- Maintains a growth mindset approach toward learning.
- Creates an engaging virtual environment to ensure the sessions with students are interactive and motivational; asks and answer questions for knowledge checks throughout.
- Recommends additional resources such as textbooks, websites or software as applicable.
- Maintains confidentiality of students and information related to students; reporting any concerns that may arise during the session and escalate issues to the manager accordingly.
- Coordinates scheduling for tutoring sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree in education (Strongly Preferred, Required for Grades 6+)
- Minimum 6 months experience teaching or tutoring in both an in-person and virtual environment.
- 1 year experience using programs including Microsoft Office, Zoom, Outlook.
- Ability to ensure a quiet, uninterrupted area for online learning; stable internet connection.
- Strong organizational, time management and multitasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be patient, positive and consistent with students.
- Friendly, approachable demeanor.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback utilizing a gentle approach.
- Ability to communicate complex information to a format that is easy to understand.
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills.
At Sun Communities, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with great pay, advancement opportunities, great benefits, and flexibility.
- Onsite fitness center with free personal training, group fitness classes, and 24/7 access
- Team Member Perks & Discounts program with hundreds of discounts on things like travel, merchandise, mobile phone service, and more
- 401k w/company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft insurance
- Paid holidays