ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and/or improve existing consumables parts production, with an emphasis on refining tooling specifications, proposing tooling concepts that leverage best in class technology for medical component manufacturing, and maintaining integral product quality and performance.
- Manage tooling component, subassembly, and complete assembly specifications in SolidWorks ePDM and Quality Management System (QMS) and ensure those specifications are applicable to product function and Cepheid's Quality Policy and associated standards.
- Use CAD modeling, prototyping, molding simulation CAE data, and hands-on testing to develop and enhance molding technology, process robustness, and analyzes technical feasibility assessments of new tooling concepts.
- Design, test, and validate new tooling concepts in collaboration with multi-disciplined engineering teams.
- Proactively identify risks in the design of parts, molds, and methods associated with injection molded consumables.
- Leads multifaceted corrective and preventative actions.
- Enforce high standards for all consumables products such that technical issues are resolved and continuous improvement is relentlessly pursued.
- Objectively utilize statistical methods, process data, DOE, and root cause analyses to solve complex injection molding and process challenges such that robust performance at high manufacturing efficiencies is enabled.
- Ability to exercise judgement based on analysis of multiple sources of information
- Write verification and validation protocols and related technical reports to support new tool builds, with ability to articulate statement of work itemization to both internal and external parties.
- Actively participate, interface with, and coordinate with cross functional teams consisting of internal and external parties as a technical point person. Those parties may include external suppliers and internal Engineering and Operations departments.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Ability to lead small projects with manageable risk and resource requirements.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple, concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment. Works independently, receives minimal guidance.
- Has knowledge business best practices and how their role integrates with others.
- Provide technical input for justification in the reduction of molded part cost of goods
- Determine impact of part and process changes as they relate to Cepheid business plan.
- Coach other engineers in plastic injection molding and tooling, as a subject matter expert.
- BS in Mechanical, Plastics, or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- Project management experience would be a plus
- Quality Management System experience preferred.