There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Experienced engineer with general use & application of concepts, practices and techniques.
Provides solutions to non-routine problems of more moderate scope and complexity.
Working technical knowledge, training and understanding combined with conceptual ability to relate work performed with broader technical and business context.
Capable of performing higher-level work.
Fundamental knowledge of underlying theory and principles of a technical field.
Assignments are broader and more dynamic in nature.
Works under general supervision. Responsible for coordinating with some administration of programs.
Work with Calibration Engineers and DREs to obtain appropriate software archive(s) for OTA validation activities.
Engage VVEs, System Bench Leads to reserve/schedule appropriate vehicle or bench test properties, respectively.
Develop & Execute test procedures that comprehend OTA requirements and functionalities.
Execute validation plans for the subsystem at bench and vehicle level.
Develop Plans and Schedules; Prepare & Conduct test; Report ADV Status; Support Quality Processes; Collect and Submit Best Practices, Lessons Learned and customer surveys. Support ADV process to reduce Hardware and to realize RLM (Road- Lab-Math) strategy; Lead Export validation activities in foreign countries with local partners; Support Vehicle Validation - Type Approval Activities. Lead work with internal and external customers and suppliers; participate in Problem Solving Teams; participate in DFMEA work groups; Build and Lead Vehicle and/or Commodity ADV Sub-plans. Review Program/Process Results; Analyzes and interprets resulting data from tests (resolves data anomalies). Maintains frequent communication with customers; Prepares formal written test reports; Frequent contact with team members outside of work group.
Additional Job Description
- Analyze the vehicle portfolio and associated interfacing subsystem rollout (clusters, BCM, Radio, ECC, ECM, VICM, etc.) to develop a high level test matrix that ensures that all vehicle/component combinations are tested.
- Develop test methods based on functional telematics and interfacing subsystem requirements.
- Track & Plan future OTA validation based on present and future ECU availability.
- Execute testing to developed test methods that validate system requirements of OTA targeted ECUs.
- Track hardware and Software changes to Telematics' interfacing ECUs as they relate to OTA.
- Provide and report status of testing and validation activities.
- Timely document all anomalies using existing documentation tools (ESIM/PRTS)
- Follow issue resolution from issue origination thru verification, closure, and monitoring.
- Root cause system level telematics nonconformities to the appropriate offending module.
- Update component / subsystem scorecards to properly status OTA validation status.
- Develop new test techniques to improve test quality/efficiency.
- Work with engineering functions, suppliers and others to implement cost reduction items or product improvements
- Attend PDT's when required and contribute validation status.
- Anticipate and communicate validation roadblocks/challenges
- Develop and implement new test methods to improve quality/efficiency (automation, etc)
Basics skills required
- BS Electrical / Computer Engineering and 3-5 years of embedded software development and/or validation experience
- Thorough understanding of automotive serial data protocols (CAN, MOST, Ethernet, etc).
- High level of analytical ability to solve problems that are unusual or difficult
- Ability to manage multiple project assignments and switch between tasks as timing and resources dictate.
- High level of analytical ability to understand the operation of complex combinational and sequential systems
- Experience with automotive serial data tools (Vehicle Spy, Canoe, Mocha, etc)
- Self-motivated to achieve results on time with minimum supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Experience with common electrical test equipment (meters, scopes, etc.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Over the Air Reflash feature / validation
- Experience with automotive electrical systems.
- Experience with telematics related components and functionality.
- Experience with embedded microprocessor-based devices and systems.
- Experience with environmental, diagnostics, and serial data testing
- Experience with PC driven test equipment and systems.
- Experience with hardware and software requirements documentation
- Basic knowledge of cellular systems
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.