The Screener is responsible for welcoming patients and visitors and assessing all patients and visitors prior to entry into a Twin Cities Orthopedics location. The assessment includes asking COVID-related screening questions related to health symptoms and travel, as well as taking temperatures on all people entering the site. This position is working Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30am - 5pm out of Waconia and Chaska.
Twin Cities Orthopedics (TCO) is an operating division of Infinite Health Collaborative (i-Health).
- Greet patients and visitors in a professional, friending and caring manner as they enter the clinic site
- Perform COVID-assessment and screening functions based on Minnesota Department of Health guidelines and as required by TCO.
- Communicate regularly with Patient Services Representatives, care teams, other clinical staff and clinic leadership and provide support as needed
- Assist with patient registration and check-in as needed, including collection of co-pay and insurance information
- Assist in monitoring the clinic lobby and other common areas to maintain appropriate social distancing policies
- Maintain a general knowledge of clinic operations and schedules
- Maintain timely communication with patients, families and staff
- Provide support for additional administrative functions
- Any and all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Medical Office experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Comply with company policies, procedures, practices and business ethics guidelines.
- Complete job required training.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations, (e.g. HIPAA, Stark, OSHA, employment laws, etc.)
- Demonstrate prompt and reliable attendance
- Work in the clinic, office or surgery center during business hours
- Travel independently throughout the clinic, office or surgery center (which may include movement from floor to floor); frequent bending, lifting, standing, stooping or sitting for long periods of time may be required
- Work at an efficient and productive pace, handle interruptions appropriately and meet deadlines
- Communicate and interact in a respectful and professional manner
- Prioritize workload while being flexible to meet the expectations of the daily operations
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Understand and execute a variety of instructions
- Effectively operate equipment and communicate on and operate the phone system
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Travel to other work locations, if required
Performance Expectations – i-Health's Core Values:
- Integrity - Do the right thing and take responsibility for what you do and say
- Service - Consistently contribute to deliver an exceptional experience
- Quality - Act with high purpose, committed effort, and skillful execution to exceed expectations
- Innovation - Identify progressive solutions that improve service, teamwork, efficiency, and/or effectiveness
- Teamwork - Be a part of the whole; support each other positively
- Clinic setting
- Infinite Health Collaborative (i-Health) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- This position description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and Additional Job Functions are subject to modification.