Lutheran Social Service MN is a dynamic social service organization serving children, youth and families, people with disabilities, older adults and military veterans. Trustworthiness is a value and strength shared by our employees and recognized by the communities we serve. We offer an ALIVE Workplace (Supportive, Positive and Fun) and careers that challenge, energize and rewards employees. Consider joining us!
Provide service coordination and crisis intervention for tenants of 10 permanent supportive apartments on the 2nd floor of the Center for Changing Lives (CFCL). The target tenants are single young adults who have experienced homelessness or are at risk of long-term homelessness. Build a relationship with and provide opportunities for tenants to create individual goal plans and this will include ongoing 1:1 follow-up engagement. Provide individual and group activity opportunities for services that include building life skills and help the youth establish healthy connections to the community. This individual will provide on-call crisis intervention when needed.
- Bachelor's degree in human service or equivalent plus 4 years' experience in a human services field or reasonable equivalent
- Knowledge of crisis intervention; chemical dependency treatment, physical or sexual abuse, family violence
- Demonstrates the ability to work with a culturally diverse population and highly confidential background
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, positively, and professionally with participants, providers, co-workers, supervisor, and others
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently while functioning as part of a larger team to promote a positive, supportive, and collaborative atmosphere.
- Previous experience working with low-income population and homelessness desired
Lutheran Social Service of MN is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of all people regardless of gender, race, culture, religion, ethnicity, protected veteran status and/or disability. We actively foster an environment that is free of racism, discrimination, bias, and harassment where all individuals are treated with dignity, safety and respect.
LSS employees have deeply meaningful work that changes lives, the opportunity for their unique gifts to shine and grow, and abundant and balanced lives.