QR Code Link to This Post
Park Point Marina Inn, Duluth's Award Winning Waterfront Hotel Resort, is now accepting applications for a Housekeeping Supervisor. Our new 3 diamond 68 room hotel is looking for a friendly, outgoing, customer service oriented team member. The hotel is a 2015 and 2016 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award winner, and one of only four hotels in Minnesota to be a 2015 Expedia Insider's Select Hotel Winner. We provide an excellent work environment with an excellent salary and benefits package. Come be a part of our great team and work in a brand new hotel resort with a great atmosphere.
On bus route.
Send resume to 1033 Minnesota Ave or stop by the hotel's front desk to pick up an application.
$10.00 to $13.00 depending on experience.
See job duties and requirements below.
- Supervises work activities of housekeeping supervisors, housekeeping, breakfast, laundry, and public space staff
- Provides training, including safety training and standard operating procedures to all housekeeping department personnel as directed by management
- Ensures adherence to company quality standards by inspecting rooms, including deep cleans
- Distributes keys and work assignments to staff
- Addresses guest complaints regarding housekeeping service or equipment
- Assists in selecting all housekeeping personnel
- Assists management staff of hotel in assuring housekeeping staff is practicing efficient and effective procedures
- Assists in montoring linen and guest supply inventory
- Assists in orders linens, room supplies, breakfast supplies and cleaning supplies
- Reports any maintenance repairs to maintenance staff; records repair information in maintenance log
- Completes follow-up on vacant or occupied rooms
- Assumes functions of a Housekeeper as necessary
- Takes control of lost and found items as appropriate
- Inspects rooms and public spaces on a daily basis
- Conducts reviews and evaluations of all housekeeping department staff
- All other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service - manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Interpersonal- maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills;
- Team Work- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Managing People - Makes self-available to staff; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures including but not limited to, dress code policies
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality- Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing -Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Professionalism- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity- Strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports unsafe situations to upper management.