Role description: Support the sales organization with sales incentive plan design, strategic consultation and compensation support. This role will also pay a key role with SPIFFs and awards beyond the sales incentive plans. They will work closely with business partners/stakeholders (senior sales leaders, Sales Operations, Finance, HR and other functions) to empower the sales organization to optimize sales results. By understanding current and desired sales performance, this role will support the design of incentive plans and monitor their effectiveness.
- Support the design and development of sales incentive plans and SPIFFs that support the sales organization's objectives of attracting, retaining and motivating key talent.
- Design sales incentive plans that are competitive and responsive to external influences and internal objectives.
- Help establish an operating rhythm with business partners to improve processes for compensation planning.
- Strategic thinking about how changes will impact multiple stakeholders.
- Anticipate sales organization's needs and proactively develop innovative solutions to meet them.
- Develop and produce analytics to assist senior leadership in decision making.
- Ensure business rules and compensation policies are followed. Identify gaps in policies to ensure we are rewarding Sales Professionals in the correct manner.
- Communicate incentive plans to sales management and staff and answer questions.
- Assist with general compensation projects as needed.
- Document processes and decisions.
- Serve as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues.
- Perform complex conceptual analyses on sales compensation.
- May lead functional or segment teams on projects as needed.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- 3-5 years experience in sales incentive design, sales operations, sales compensation, sales finance or other related areas
- Sales related systems and tools experience (ie. SFDC, ICM, Payment Reporting, SAP)
- Ability to collaborate across functions, regions and levels of seniority.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on a team as well as independently to drive results.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical, quantitative and investigative skills with strong focus on accuracy.
- Desire to work closely with the sales organization and gain experience in sales compensation.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Req #: JREQ136286
Locations: Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Job Function: Business Operations