If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The full-stack engineer is essential to help maintain the data needs of the Optum contact centers operations, the Optum Command Center and Workforce Management. I addition to maintaining data feeds, the full-stack engineer also manages new data needs and any source system migrations. This role will also be supporting a Optum Enterprise Ops blue chip initiative of creating a new call data warehouse in 2020.
Functions may include database architecture, engineering, design, optimization, security, and administration; as well as data modeling, big data development, Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) development, storage engineering, data warehousing, data provisioning and other similar roles. Responsibilities may include Platform-as-a-Service and Cloud solution with a focus on data stores and associated eco systems. Duties may include management of design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, ensuring strict data quality, and performing needs assessments. Analyzes current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging data storage and retrieval system capabilities. Manages relationships with software and hardware vendors to understand the potential architectural impact of different vendor strategies and data acquisition. Will include design schemas, write SQL or other data markup scripting and helps to support development of Analytics and Applications that build on top of data. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Build constructive partnerships with business leadership to proactively recommend solutions to business issues through practical, elegant, and effective business intelligence and reporting vehicles.
- Direct deployment of enterprise data strategy vision through successful program delivery
- Collaborate with global and contractor leaders to develop partnerships that allow for capacity flexibility and offer equivalent and or superior quality delivery capability
- Effectively manages a balanced scorecard metric set that would include key measures such as quality & timely delivery.
- Incorporate best practices and standards in metadata and report/dashboard development
- Translates highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Function as a mentor for other team members, providing assistance where needed
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience communicating with senior level business leaders and stakeholders
- 5 years of experience with relational database architecture, design and development
- 3 years of experience working with ETL tools or Advanced SQL
- 3 years of experience working on/ managing Data Warehousing projects
- 1 years of successive project management/technical lead experience with a focus on reporting and analytics and/or management of global teams
- Database development experience in Oracle, Big Data, DataStage, Jenkins, Github, MaprR cluster, Hive, Unix shell scripts
- Experience with azure cloud technologies
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Engineer, Oracle, Big Data, DataStage, Jenkins, Github, MaprR cluster, Hive, Unix shell scripts, ETL tools, Advanced SQL, Data Warehousing, Relational Database, Azure, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from home, Work at home, Remote