United States Postal Service
External Publication for Job Posting 71170622
If this job requires qualification on an examination, the number of applicants who will be invited to take or retake the
examination may be limited.
Job Posting Period
06/13/2013 - 06/28/2013
POSTMASTER RELIEF (RMPO) - 2 HR
108 N MAIN ST
GARDEN CITY, MN 56034-4543
VISIT THE EMPLOYMENT FAQ'S (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS) FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE REGARDING
- Go to http://www.usps.com
- On the bottom of the web page, click "Customer Service"
- In the middle of the screen under "Get Answers," click "See the FAQs"
- In the blue "Browse Topics" box under "About USPS," click "Postal Employment" (or enter a search term in the search box)
- Click on "USPS Online Job Application system- Assessment and Examination" (or any topic of interest)
ATTENTION! We will communicate with you by email concerning your application, so it is very important that you are able to
receive our messages. Please add the following email addresses to your contact list right away to allow correspondence,
especially if you use SPAM blocking software, use a yahoo account, or use a work or military email address!
TITLE: POSTMASTER RELIEF (RMPO) - 2 HR
NON-SCHEDULED DAYS: SUNDAY
HOURS: 12:00 PM, 0-12 HOURS AVERAGE WEEKLY
SALARY RANGE: $11.76 PER HOUR
FINANCE NUMBER: 263470
BENEFIT INFORMATION: Limited benefits include paid vacation days and access to health insurance after the first 360-day
Persons Eligible to Apply
Current or former postal employees hired via this online system will need to create a new external email account, a new
external Candidate Profile, and apply.
Applicants must live within 50 miles of the facility address in order to be eligible for this position. The work is performed in
the facility location and candidates will need to be present for screening activities, including an interview. Note: Veterans
who are entitled to preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act may apply for any posted
INTERESTED PARTIES MUST APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.USPS.COM/EMPLOYMENT, CLICK "SEARCH JOBS ONLINE",
TYPE "GARDEN CITY" IN THE KEYWORD SEARCH BOX AND HIT "START"
PAPER APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
ONLY SERIOUS APPLICANTS NEED APPLY
Provides window, box, and general delivery service for a Remotely Managed Post Office. May provide supervision for city,
rural and/or highway contract route service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Operates a single unit postal facility providing limited window services, mail distribution, and dispatches. Opens and
closes the facility according to established procedures.
2. Operates within established postal rules, laws and regulations. Resolves problems that may occur during operations and
escalates issues to Administrative Post Office (APO) when appropriate.
3. Ensures that proper safeguards are instituted for the welfare of customers and the protection of the mails.
4. Maintains files and records and submits reports as required.
5. Answers questions, provides guidance, and has regular contact with postal customers.
6. Exercises protective care of accountable paper, monies, product inventory, and office supplies in accordance to
Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)guidelines.
7. May provide for limited city, rural and/or highway contract route delivery service to local customers.
8. Exercises a normal regard for the safety of self and others.
9. May supervise one or more employees.
The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated
and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and
experience the following requirements:
1. Decision Making/Problem Solving. Ability to carry out operational plans and procedures within the framework of policy.
Ability to obtain and interpret relevant facts; analyze problems, complaints, and suggestions and take appropriate action or
escalate, when necessary, to the Postmaster of the Administrative Post Office.
2. Safety and Health. Knowledge of safety procedures needed to ensure that safe working conditions are maintained.
Knowledge of procedures and techniques established to avoid injuries to self, employees (if applicable), and customers.
Knowledge of normal accident prevention measures and emergency procedures.
3. Customer and Community Relations. Ability to conduct operations in an attitude of responsive service to customers.
Ability to present a favorable Postal Service image to the community. Ability to comprehend and communicate information,
both orally and in writing. Knowledge of operating procedures and standards, postal rates and classes, and commonly
encountered customer needs. Ability to sell ideas, positions, and recommendations to others. Ability to interact tactfully and
relate well with others.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement
to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting's closing date. Applicants claiming veterans'
preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form
214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans' preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an
equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview,
and/or selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human
Resources. This request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the
accommodation needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.