This internship is for the summer of 2021.
SICK is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems, and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts‑such as the first safety light curtain, the first color sensor, and many more.
An intern at SICK is involved in the day-to-day activities within the business through immersion into different projects. The intern will have the opportunity to work within a team to gain knowledge and first-hand experience of what a career in this industry would be like.
- Work on a chosen project with the assistance of the manager, mentor, and team.
- Work closely with the manager and a selected mentor to understand systems, processes, and key information.
- Mine sales data for information and patterns of products, industries, and regions. Evaluate data and make suggestions.
- Evaluate competitive websites and marketing materials for focus products, features, markets that they actively promote.
- CRM Lead and Opportunity follow-up and data enhancement.
- Update product price calculators and configurators.
- Actively seek out information to learn how SICK operates as a business (products, departments, etc.).
- Interface with other departments and interns to gain knowledge of the business, products, positions and more.
- Provide innovative recommendations on how SICK can improve.
- Complete a final presentation at the close of the internship that outlines the involved project(s) and knowledge gained.
- Provide feedback on the internship experience at the close of the internship.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Dynamics (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, CRM).
- Data and trend analysis experience desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
- Ability to self-start and learn on the fly.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Ability to work in a general office environment.
Ethics and Integrity Personal Growth and Learning, Customer Focus, Personal Accountable, Building Effective Relationships
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we are the place for you! SICK has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the "Apply Online" button. Visit us at www.sickusa.com.
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V