Do you have a love for writing and helping people live healthier lives? Our Community & State Proposal Writers combine the creativity of writing with the technical aspects of providing compliant responses to help draft Medicaid for new and existing clients (e.g., government, employers). They collaborate with subject matter experts (SME's) to determine and guide positioning of our offer, direct the preparation of supporting documents and analyses, support responses with graphics, and align documentation to company guidelines. They partner with sales, clinical, product, legal, finance and other functions to tailor contractual provisions to reflect prospects needs, company interests, and appropriate resources and timelines.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Review requests for proposals (RFPs) and related documents furnished by the procuring agency; analyze to understand and capture specific operational, administrative and proposal requirements
- Interview subject matter experts (SMEs) in business functions throughout the organization to determine Community & State / UnitedHealthcare business and operational approach to satisfy the requirements
- Contribute ideas regarding business solution based on own ideas, experience and research
- Develop and maintain baseline proposal content for assigned functional area
- Review prior Community & State proposals to extract relevant content for use in proposal development; work with content manager to determine relevant elements
- Outline proposal sections or answers to address all elements of direct, derived and implied requirements
- Draft concise, complete and clear proposal responses to the requirements and / or questions in accordance with Community & State proposal development standards, stylistic guidelines and formatting conventions
- Inspect and edit own work for clarity and conformance to requirements; work with proposal leadership to address editing issues
- Present information to, and effectively communicate with, senior leadership and other key individuals
- Participate in individual and group proposal reviews with senior leadership and other key individuals; incorporate changes and improvements to proposals
- Copy/edit proposal narrative
- Collect and submit proposal exhibits, attachments, appendices relevant to assigned sections for tracking and for formatting, if required
- Work with proposal formatter to address proposal layout and publishing issues
- Work with proposal graphic designer to provide concepts for creating supporting graphics for proposals
- Escalate conflicts and issues to proposal leadership as required
- Complete work according to deadlines provided by proposal leadership
- Assist as requested in general proposal activities, including editing, proposal assembly, and quality assurance, etc.
- Participate in ongoing continuous improvement of the Community & State proposal development process
- Conduct other business development duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Ability to meet deadlines and strong attention to detail
- Organized with commitment to consistent quality and process improvement
- Excellent personal motivation with a proven ability to build and work collaboratively in a strong team concept environment, and independently
- Works well in challenging, fast-paced, high-stress and deadline-oriented environment individually or as part of a team
- 5 years of healthcare proposal writing/content development experience with strong interviewing, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- 2 years Medicaid writing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Able to provide two writing samples during interview
- Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, English or similar field of study
- Project management experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: RFP, Request for Proposal, Proposal Writer, Medicaid, Proposal Writing, Marketing, managed care