This position reports to Applications Engineer Manager.
According to the FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act), this position is classified as Exempt, based on the Professional Exemption.
Banner Engineering is a world-leading manufacturer of photoelectric, ultrasonic, and vision sensors, LED lights and indicators, connectivity and monitoring solutions, and safety products. Our industrial automation technologies are fueling some of the biggest trends in the industry, including the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). We're a global company whose products are used by industry leaders on the Fortune 500 list.
Our customers rely on us to help solve their challenging automation problems, including reducing costs, increasing efficiency, ensuring quality, monitoring and controlling processes, and safeguarding employees.
We're committed to developing new and innovative solutions, delivering products of the highest quality, fulfilling the needs of each of our customers, and operating with honesty and integrity.
Banner is proud to be recognized as a Star Tribune Top Workplace for 2018 and 2019.
The Associate Applications Engineer provides technical application specification, product support, and customer service as it relates to Sales Operations.
What You Will Be Doing
- Providing technical consultation and service to Banner Area Sales Managers, Field Sales Representatives, distributors, and customers in product sales and applications, including specification, troubleshooting, pricing, stock levels, and order status
- Collaborating with Engineering staff to develop technical modifications to existing products in order to meet unique application requirements; conducting in house tests to solve real-life customer applications
- Conducting, developing, and/or assisting product training for internal and external audiences, in-person and remotely
- Supporting the sales region with tasks such as vetting and auditing trial product and Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) requests
- Utilizing the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to input and maintain complete, accurate, and timely entries of technical summaries, customer information, and sales opportunities for all cases worked
- Managing multiple priorities including incoming phone calls, computer tasks, email, and responding to sales team member questions or requests
- Providing timely follow up as needed to Banner Area Sales Managers, Field Sales Representatives, distributors, and customers
- Serving as production application expert for sales and interdisciplinary projects
What You Need to Be Successful
In order to perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and regular attendance is required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, or related field
- 1-2 years of experience in an applications engineering, customer service, and/or sales position
- 0-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience using basic office equipment in a professional setting (i.e. personal computers, multiple-line telephones, copy machines and fax machines
- Intermediate knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and the Internet
- Ability to occasionally travel domestically to attend trade shows or visit customer locations
- Experience working with industrial automation controls
- Experience using Office 365, Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), and Salesforce CRM
This job description reflects management's assignment of key responsibilities; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sit for up to eight hours per day
- Exposed to a computer screen for up to eight hours per day
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands or arms
- Required to talk or hear frequently
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Corporate office environment – indoor and climate-controlled