Fraser is hiring for motivated and compassionate Direct Support Professionals (DSP's) to work with our clients in a group setting within our group homes and apartments in the Plymouth area.This position would be working directly with clients (some of which may be nonverbal), doing everything from helping out with activities of daily living, personal cares, and planning activities in the community. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about using their abilities to provide high quality care and make a lasting impact on the lives of adults and families with special needs, especially for individuals with mental health backgrounds or with future goals to work with youth or adolescents in a mental health-based setting. This position offers tuition reimbursement and select tuition discounts, perfect for students interested in nursing, psychology, social work, case management, or other careers in human services. We deeply value our DSP's and take pride in helping develop our entry-level employees into professionals.
Note: The health and safety of our staff and clients is our top priority. We have standardized processes & procedures in place to help maintain a safe living and working environment for employees and the individuals we serve.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help clients with:
- Medication administration
- Completing and developing independence in Activities of Daily Living (ADL's)
- Developing social skills
- Developing job experience and vocational skills
- Participating in volunteer opportunities
- Money management
- Treatment documentation
- Minimal personal cares (such as bathing, toileting, feeding, etc.)
- Meal preparation
- Planning and transportation to/from activities
- Community integration
- $1,000 hiring bonus (for Coon Rapids site)
- $13.00/hour pay
- Tuition Reimbursement and Tuition Discount at select colleges and Fraser School
- Referral bonuses
- Five weeks of annual Paid Time Off for full-time staff
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Health and Flex Savings Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement account with Fraser contribution
- Career growth opportunities
- Student Loan forgiveness
- Verizon Wireless cell phone plan and accessories discount
- Robust orientation including 30 hours of paid training
- Helpful, collaborative, thriving company culture
- "Give One, Get One" employment referral bonuses
Available Locations and Schedules:
Fraser is currently hiring for full-time staff in a group home setting in Coon Rapids with our young adult/adolescent population. All potential scheduling options will be discussed during the phone interview. In order to help us best evaluate potential matches to our current openings, please let us know any and all hours you would be available to work.
- High School diploma/equivalent preferred.
- Preferred experience with nonverbals, wheelchairs, and clients with autism.
- Previous experience working with individuals with special needs is preferred, however not required. We offer paid training!
- Valid Minnesota Driver's License with acceptable record.
- Ability to pass DHS background study.
- Use of clear and understandable written and verbal English.
- Capacity to work independently and use strong decision-making skills.
- Physical ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Passion for serving our clients.
Direct Support Professional is similar in job duties to PCA, CNA, Direct Support Staff, Program Counselor, Caregiver, HHA, and Direct Care Staff.
Fraser is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position will be posted at https://www.fraser.org/jobs
Sign up for our monthly recruitment newsletter at http://eepurl.com/gBwS65.
If you are having trouble applying or have questions, please contact Fraser HR at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612.767.7550. If you have successfully submitted your application, you will get a confirmation email. If you do not receive the confirmation email, please check your junk/spam folders, then contact us as we may not have received your application. Thank you for considering Fraser!