Do you enjoy working in a retail setting? Do you have an eye for detail and accuracy? Love being a subject matter expert and collaborating with others? If so, check out our inventory control lead position!
As an inventory control lead, you serve as the in-store subject matter expert for all things related to inventory and item resolution.
- In collaboration with the Logistics Manager, responsible for maintaining store inventory accuracy to ensure the integrity of "count ready" backrooms, cap stock and yard.
- Resolve any issues that may arise in logistics. Must maintain a strong knowledge of supplier defective policies.
- Work collaboratively with Loss Prevention on shrink concerns to include operational shrink, receiving discrepancies, negative inventory, pending inventory, cycle counts and all applicable reporting.
- Responsible for coordination and communication of monthly, quarterly and special inventory counts.
- Acquire a thorough working knowledge of the stores handheld devices as well as all systems to complete job responsibilities (i.e. SIM, SOM, BI Publisher, Legacy, MFF apps, etc.).
- Enter inventory adjustments as necessary. Maintain accurate paperwork and reports.
- In collaboration with leadership, coordinate and lead the store's annual inventory audit, to include prepping, organizing, training, and assisting with any discrepancies and issues throughout the audit.
- Train team members on inventory control procedures and policies.
- Ensure cleanliness standards are in place in receiving, backroom, and yard.
- 2+ years of previous related inventory, logistics, and/or warehouse experience preferred. Previous retail experience also preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all walks of life.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Must be able to obtain a valid Fleet Farm forklift license and be able and willing to operate forklifts in a safe manner at all times
- Demonstrated ability to act decisively in implementing solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task; ability to respond flexibly in a quickly changing environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.