As a Personal Banker, you will help clients achieve financial well-being through deep customer relationships and a thoughtful understanding of their needs. To offer the best and most appropriate personal business financial products and services, you will use a guided conversation and sales process to proactively identify opportunities for new account and loan origination.
- Do Right by building, developing and deepening customer relationships through active market business development and needs-based questioning to identify deposit, credit and investment solutions to help customers achieve their financial goals.
- Embrace We by supporting the transactional needs of the banking center on occasion (and at manager discretion) and by referring identified opportunities to the appropriate line of business.
- Own It by meeting or exceeding individual sales and activity objectives as measured by an individual scorecard. Also, establish preset appointments to identify customer needs via in-person meetings, teleconsulting activities and outbound community involvement.
- Introduce Fresh Thinking by educating customers on alternative channels and technologies that provide value and convenience.
- Originate new consumer and business depository accounts and execute a defined new customer onboarding plan. This position is also responsible for the origination of cash management solutions such as Treasury Management, Merchant Services and ACH.
- Originate consumer lending applications including home equity lending (NMLS registered).
- Recognize small business opportunities and make quality referrals to proper business partners and team members.
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position and stay current on regulation changes including Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
- Create a positive impact within the communities you serve by investing time in Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) activities and financial literacy initiatives.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree, Associates degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 1-3 years of banking experience or demonstrated sales experience in business, retail or other industries.
- 1 year of experience in developing current and new customer relationships, achieving sales goals and building referral sources in a retail environment.
- 1-year cash handling experience in a banking or retail environment preferred.
- Foundational knowledge of sales and service techniques with consumers and small businesses in a structured, goal-based environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to solve problems and nurture client relationships even in contentious situations.
This position requires S.A.F.E. registration at the time of employment. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) can provide information about the requirements for registration.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Cadence Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Cadence Bank is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.