Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we've been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Clinton, MS, location is seeking a Manufacturing Bladder/ Mold Change Craftsman to join our manufacturing team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The Bladder/ Mold Change Craftsman is responsible for in plant CVT mold preparation for production. Tasks include, mold cleaning and venting, mold inspection and mold repair. Data verification Access, SAP and GUTS. Ability to work closely with internal people.
- Responsible for operation for curing press basic operation. Including: change of plugs in sidewall, preventative maintenance, and mechanical troubleshooting. Preparation of molds based on the planned schedule to meet production requirements. Complete disassemble and assemble of mold / container required. Verification of all lettering per released cure specifications. Verification of mold parts and serial numbers per internal systems. Access, SAP or Guts
- Responsible for mold & bladder maintenance. Including: change over, cleaning, build and tear down, and drilling. Cleaning of mold parts and vents. Replace blocked vents or remove broken drill bits
- Responsible for minor mechanical adjustments & repairs, first tire and serial changes in molds. Mold repair such as replacing worn out parts or fixing stripped holes
- Provide communication flow between management, operators, and technicians in area
- Record all mold data on computer for tractability and audit purposes. Identify mold assembly for production
- Read specifications, use hand tools, and gauging devices, to monitor current and ongoing product quality
- React quickly to equipment downtime or other extraordinary condition, and must notify supervision whenever such conditions occur
- Perform actions with a control panel interface, both automatic and manual
- Operate forklift type Mold handling equipment utilizing and observing proper safety regulations.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
HS diploma /GED
1-3 year experience in manufacturing preferred
Forklift driving experience preferred
Willing to work 8 and 12 hour rotating shifts – days and nights.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.