SUMMARY: Early Education Coach is responsible for implementing research-based, coordinated coaching strategies for education staff and provide classroom visits & consultations to teaching teams and families regarding child's mental health and/or disabilities. The position involves working with the families of children birth through age three.
- BA or BS degree in Early Childhood Education or similar field
- Three years of related experience working with children under five years of age and their families, plus experience working with adult learners.
- Preference is given to candidates with head start experience coaching in infant/toddlers.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office and a basic knowledge of clinical informatioon systems
- A valid driver's license and auto insurance
- Ensure successful implementation of the Early Education Coach program plans and operational procedures.
- Conduct center and family childcare site observations to promote developmentally appropriate practices, sound program approaches to delivery of services, and impart culturally and linguistically appropriate beliefs.
- Administer a classroom assessment twice a year and analyze ongoing assessment data including literacy specific assessments to measure improvement in child outcomes.
- Provide one-to-one mentor coaching strategies for improving teacher-child interactions and how to work with culturally, linguistically, and developmentally diverse groups of children.
- Conduct small group meetings for teaching staff to discuss appropriate curriculum planning and implementation, the ongoing assessment process, and how to individualize curriculum.
- Provide informal learning opportunities for teachers to reflect on and apply theory and learning to everyday practice.
- Maintain knowledgeable on the program's curriculum and operational procedures related to early care and education.
- Assist with the collection and gathering of child progress data.
- Gather and track coursework documentation from teaching staff and submit early care and education support coordinator.
- Maintain documentation of all services provided and reports submitted.
- Distribute latest research-based resources, and materials.
- Attend all required meetings, pre-service, in-service, and other training as required.
- Observe and provide feedback, consultation and training for staff when necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.