What You Will Do
The Patient Services Coordinator is directly responsible for scheduling the home visits for the field staff and assisting with the coordination of patient care. Works under the direction of the Clinical Manager to ensure the proper utilization of clinical resources to maximize care center capacity and utilization guidelines. Responsible for scheduling and communicating with field staff, patients and clinical manager regarding scheduling of patient services.
- Ensures patient assessment visits including all Oasis visits are scheduled and performed timely.
- Prepares weekly clinician schedules. Reviews clinician schedules daily or more frequently as needed to determine capacity opportunities and ensure productivity standards are being met.
- Ensures clinicians are assigned and scheduled in most efficient geography, maximizing clinician efficiency, utilizing the lowest possible discipline, matching skill with required care, and optimizing clinician capacity.
- Ensures missed visits are scheduled by the end of the current week or referred to the Clinical Manager for resolution.
- Works collaboratively with field clinicians to ensure all patient visits are scheduled and completed as ordered and within the care center.
- Manages calls from patients and field staff related to scheduling issues. Refers clinical and performance related issues to the Clinical Manager.
- Monitors hospitalized patients, communicating and ensuring the team follows up as necessary.
- Completes requested schedules ensuring all orders and services (e.g. lab draw, supervisory visits, add-on visits or disciplines etc.) are included as required.
- Supports Clinical Manager and works collaboratively to ensure timely communication with patients, clinicians, referral sources, BD team and other office personnel.
- Runs all applicable reports and responds to work flow taking appropriate actions.
- Assists with internal or external transfer of patients between care centers and/or Hospice services.
- If the Patient Services Coordinator is a licensed clinician and meets all criteria to be a field clinician, the Patient Services Coordinator may provide direct patient care on a infrequent basis and only in times of an emergency.
- May be responsible for maintaining supply closet with routine supplies, ensuring supplies are within expiration dates and packaged appropriately, and serve as liaison with the field for patient supply needs.
- In the absence of an Intake Coordinator, may be responsible for the referral and intake process within the care center.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- One (1 ) year of administrative experience in a healthcare environment
- One (1 ) year of scheduling experience in a healthcare environment.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.