Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their families facing the end of life. Hospice Regional Executives of Clinical Operations oversee a team of clinical directors and work to ensure clinical and operational excellence. The Hospice Regional Executive of Clinical Operations is a critical leader within the hospice team who ensures that the program has regulatory compliance and sound procedures within the office. For many of our team members, this is more than a career—It's a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today as the Hospice Regional Executive of Clinical Operations to positively impact the experiences of our patients and families.
The Hospice Regional Executive of Clinical Operations is an individual contributor at the regional level to provide leadership development for program clinical team members, high-level program clinical and quality analysis, direction and leadership for performance improvement related to clinical care delivery, service, and quality outcomes, as well as overall guidance and support for regulatory and compliance matters. As the Hospice Regional Executive of Clinical Operations, you will support the identification of solutions and the implementation of quality and performance improvement efforts through coaching, guidance, and education for clinical leadership in the program.
The Hospice Regional Executive of Clinical Operations assesses the quality of care provided to hospice patients, families, and staff. As the Hospice Regional Executive of Clinical Operations, you will monitor documentation, compile quarterly reports, and work closely with Program Leadership.
- Advises and collaborates with Hospice Program Management (Hospice Area Executive of Clinical Operations and Hospice Director of Clinical Services) to address areas of improvement regarding clinical documentation and patient care.
- Responsible for managing the "Big 5" of programs in assigned region: pharmacy, medical supplies, DME, mileage, and labor.
- Partners with each program in assigned region to determine needs. Coordinates frequency of site visits to meet the identified needs of each program.
- Maintains expertise in clinical knowledge of pain and symptom management and end of life care. Utilizes clinical knowledge to coach and mentor clinical leaders to drive clinical excellence and outcomes.
- Ensures training and education are provided at the program level by collaborating with Hospice Program Leadership.
- As needed, provides day-to-day support via phone, email, or visits to Hospice Program Management and colleagues concerning outstanding issues of patient care, appropriateness and compliance.
- Provides support via phone or visit as needed for state/federal/accrediting surveys.
- Develops, in coordination with Hospice Program Management, plans of correction in the areas of clinical compliance. Subsequently monitors the hospice programs execution of plans of correction.
- Advises the Hospice Clinical Officer and Hospice Regional Vice President regarding the clinical and compliance needs/concerns of each program.
- Follows Compassus policy and procedure related to clinical and compliance needs/concerns of hospice programs.
- Reviews and recommends revisions to policies and procedures in accordance with updated state and accrediting body standards.
- Maintains patient confidentiality requirements.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Participates in governing body oversight to achieve excellence in quality and service.
- Ensures compliance with clinical and operational policies, procedures and processes.
- Collaborates with hospice program, area, and regional leadership to analyze and strategize methods to achieve clinical and operational metrics.
- Collaborates with hospice program, area, and regional leadership in the selection, onboarding, development and retention of new leaders.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the organization.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Thorough understanding of the Medicare Regulations for Hospice and the functions of a hospice organization
- Ability to travel
Education and/or Experience
Registered Nurse with active, current nursing license. Minimum of five years in direct Quality Improvement (QI) or management/leadership experience in a hospice program preferred. Hospital and Home Health leadership experience will be considered. Experience managing multi-sites in different geographic locations preferred. Bachelor degree in nursing or health care management and proven leadership experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Nursing License in state of employment, and current BLS. A valid driver's license and auto liability insurance.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.