QR Code Link to This Post
D. C. Taylor Co. has several Service Technician positions available on our service crew. This positions require the ability to travel for up to 5 weeks at a time, and the ability to pass a drug screen on date of hire. Applicants with an OSHA 10-Hour certification are strongly encouraged to apply! However, we do OSHA train all of our employees upon hire. If you are interested in the position outlined below, please go to http://www.dctaylorco.com/about/careers/ and fill out our online application.
The Service Technician reports to the Service Project Supervisor and assists with the performance of a variety of roofing services including, but not limited to, leak calls, maintenance, repairs, roof alterations, technical services and small projects. These roofing services are performed on a wide variety of systems including built-up roofing, cold- and torch-applied assemblies, coatings, EPDM, foam, metal, single-ply, and tile.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists Service Project Supervisor with the accounting of materials and equipment required for all work orders either from vendors or from a D. C. Taylor Co. field office.
- Inspects safety equipment daily; assures all company equipment is in safe working condition.
- Participates in weekly tailgate meetings.
- Maintains the service vehicle so it is well-stocked, orderly, functional for emergency repairs, and a positive reflection of the company.
- Establishes and maintains positive customer relationships.
- Assists the Service Project Supervisor with the completion of Job Hazard Analyses.
- Responsible for testing, examination, and certification necessary to meet DOT driving requirements.
- Assists the Service Project Supervisor with daily documentation requirements (either paper or digital).
- Possesses the ability to maintain and safely use a wide variety of power hand tools.
- Inspects and evaluates roof systems for proper functionality.
- Responsible for erecting ground staging, roof staging, hoisting, roof access, signage, equipment, and materials.
- Performs daily housekeeping to ensure the jobsite is in a clean, safe condition.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other related duties as required and directed.
- Perform lead-generation/prospecting activities.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
-Must be able to speak and/or respond to directives given in the English language.
- High school education (or GED) or higher preferred but not required.
-Current valid driver's license required and at least 21 years of age.
-OSHA 10-hour training certification.
-Completion of the D. C. Taylor Co. safety orientation.
- Ability to meet physical demands required of this job (see working conditions).
- Exceptional listening skills; ability to keep an open mind and be willing to follow and execute
- The work schedule is varied. The Service Project Supervisor may begin work very early in the day and sometimes work until late in the day. Facility operations may make it necessary to work at
night or on weekends. Extensive travel may be required.
-The position may require being on call for emergency response during weekends.
-The job requires extensive bending, climbing, lifting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, sitting and
standing for extended periods of time. Most tasks will take place on the roof and will require
exposure to the cold, heat, rain, sun, and wind as well as various height buildings.
- Service Technicians must be able to climb up a 60-foot ladder safety with 3-point contact, lift up
to 90 pounds and push up to 200 pounds, and spend a lot of time working on their knees.
QR Code Link to This Post