Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
- Develops, prototypes, and tests new products, special instruments, and unique equipment to ensure equipment meets specific customer order requirements
- Analyzes design requirements and test results, makes recommendations for and initiates design improvements
- Performs technical evaluations of in-process, acceptance and inspection equipment located in the field
- Includes programming equipment to different simulations in outdoor environments and the mechanical support, testing/operation of special equipment in field support activities
- Support consists of both technical bench and field set-up / deployment / retrieval and repairs with travel to remote site areas as required
- Installs and integrates instruments and equipment into complex systems, participates in the design and execution of system wide testing and debugging
- Compiles cost estimates and delivery quotations, monitors performance, and prepares reports, statistics, and recommendations for management review
- Plans and performs testing and development and uses scientific methods to address and resolve technical problems Determines acceptability of products and materials in conjunction with design agency, quality and other affected organizations
- Develops intelligent electronic schematics on CAD systems and incorporates design in PCB
- Performs moderate to complex special technical assignments requiring significant data gathering, analysis and systems integration
- May perform other technical duties as required in support of Management/Engineering activities
- Functions as team lead in specific assigned areas
- Provides training to other technicians and hourly employees Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public and the environment
- Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified
You Must Have:
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field from an ABET accredited program/university or two additional years of direct work experience in lieu of a Bachelors degree
- Two or more years experience in technical assignments, including application of technology principles to complex assignments, with two of those years in testing, development and modification of equipment
- Must have or be able to obtain a DOE Q clearance
- Ability to apply advanced development, evaluation, and quality control techniques to complex technical projects
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision-making Ability to provide technical guidance and project leadership
- Some positions within this classification may require unique expertise
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell FM&T Overview