Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
Summary of Duties:
- Will manage Calibration Technical Supervision and overall calibration operations in the factory
- Responsible for execution of Quality Operations processes, and ownership of its business units; acting as an authority in overall Product Acceptance activities
- Ensures training and qualification of employees performing internal and/or supplier quality audits, and /or product acceptance at vendor locations
- Develops and implements staffing plans, budget proposals, and travel requirements consistent with anticipated workloads
- May estimate manpower requirements and schedules work to meet completion dates and technical requirements
- Works with Quality leaders to develop productivity improvement strategies and workforce planning required to meet future workload demands
- May facilitate effective cross business supply chain communications and/or project teams (Defense programs, Global Security, reimbursable)
- Will act as a direct customer interface on assigned projects and product/process Quality issues
- Assures personnel are aware of and perform tasks in conformance to management policies and procedures
- May conduct and coordinate a broad range of Quality Operations ownership assignments requiring extensive knowledge of Product Acceptance processes, equipment, drawing systems, HSE, program management, MES, MRP planning systems, facilities and lean principles and their application across Quality Operations that support manufacturing areas
- Directly supervises employees and performs other managerial responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- May perform other duties if required
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, scientific, or administrative field
- 7+ years experience in multiple areas of Supply Chain organization (to include program management, materials management, quality, or engineering) two or more years in supervisory positions
- Must have a Lean or Black Belt Certification or equivalent experience in project management and analytical problem solving
- Must have completed training in leading 3rd Party Audits (i.e. ISO 9001, AS9100, etc) or complete training within one year of assignment
- 4-year Engineering or Engineering Technology degree
- 2+ years of directly applied experience in Environmental Testing or related technical activities, such as manufacturing, maintenance, or inspection of mechanical or electrical products
- Experience with environmental testing, including thermal, shock, and vibration testing of complex mechanical and electrical products
- Experience with operating test equipment in an manufacturing environment
- Experience with assembly and troubleshooting of test fixtures and laboratory setups
- Experience with fixture design using 3D CAD/CAM software
- Experience interpreting technical drawings and documents
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to influence others to accomplish complex tasks
- Ability to interpret test results, exercise judgment, and take appropriate action to escalate issues if they arise
- Ability to work with little supervision and demonstrate initiative to get things done
- Some positions within this classification may require unique electrical, mechanical, and/or electronic skills and abilities
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell FM&T Overview