Providence is calling an Echo Technologist (Echo, Days, 0.9 FTE) to St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Assist in transport and movement of patients to and from wheelchairs, carts and ultrasound tables.
- Complete all add on exams the day requested if possible.
- Complete all paperwork on patient before going on to next patient.
- Complete all worksheets for Cardiologists.
- Confirm patient ID verbally and/or by ID band.
- Consult as appropriate to determine clinical information required from exam and plans and carries out exam accordingly.
- Educate patients about their procedures and clarifies any concerns or questions they may have.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have successfully completed a formal training program or equivalent in Echocardiography and demonstrate ability to complete competency in Echocardiography
- ARDMS or equivalent or eligibility within 1 year
- Current Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hir
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- 6 months experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.