Job Description Summary
This is a Field Based Sales role in the Grand Rapids, MI market.
Surgical Specialties Surgical Division offers a broad range of infection prevention products, including ChloraPrep skin prep, PurPrep skin prep, surgical clippers, as well as the Bard Biosurgery portfolio including Arista, Avitene, Progel and Tridyne.
The Surgical Specialties Territory Manager Sales Representative will manage a territory base and expand the sales of legacy CareFusion products using a balanced selling approach that involves a focus on key differentiating programs and services within the infection prevention space, as well as selling the clinically differentiated hemostat and sealant portfolio to hospitals and ASCs, as well as working with with BD ASC (Ambulatory Surgery Center) representatives, internal leadership and authorized distributors.
- The Surgical Specialties Territory Manager will be responsible for selling to physicians, clinicians, OR leadership, materials management and other key decision makers.
- In the infection prevention space, this position requires the ability to handle customer questions and objections in a way that is consistent with product label indications and sales training methodology.
- In the Biosurgery space, this position requires the ability to understand and demonstrate the surgical use of hemostat and sealant products during surgery, while building excellent customer relations with key physicians, and hospital personnel.
- Expected to manage the forecast pipeline, and execute the selling cycle in a manner that is concise, professional, ethical, and which leads the customer to action.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in an applicable field is required.
- A minimum of 2 – 3 years' of relevant sales experienced is required.
- Operating room sales/medical device experience is preferred.
- Documentation of successful sales performance is required.
- The ability to work in an operating room environment is required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Must live within the assigned territory.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA CA - San Diego Bldg A&B