The health and wellbeing of our staff members and residents is our number one priority. Our community is strictly following the CDC guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and has restricted community access in accordance with state and local health agency direction. Our infectious disease protocols include but are not limited to:
- Screening staff members at the beginning and part way through each shift.
- All staff members are wearing face masks at all times while inside the community.
- Staff members have access to PPE including gloves, face masks, face shields, and gowns, if ever needed.
- Our community is utilizing telemedicine as much as possible. This ensures our residents are getting the care they need with as little risk of exposure as possible.
- As always, we are committed to transparency and will make all staff, residents, and families aware of any COVID-19 positive cases at our communities.
The Activities Assistant performs duties involving the implementation of an activity program, which meets physical, mental, psychosocial needs and interests or residents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with the Community's personnel, safety, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Report witnessed or reported allegations of resident abuse/neglect immediately to the Executive Director, RCC or Unit Manager.
- Treat residents, family members, visitors, and team members with respect and dignity.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family information.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Responsible for planning and implementing activities to meet resident's specific needs, including large groups, small groups and individual participation.
- Maintain documentation as required by State and Federal regulations.
- Responsible for initial assessment, picture and front name board.
- Compose monthly contributions, including the monthly activates calendar, post daily contributions on menu board, date board and pass out name tags.
- Monitors personal and staff compliance to all State and Federal regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous material and fire safety.
- Monitors personal and staff compliance to Residents' Rights.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company's Motor Vehicles policy.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to meet the general health requirements set forth by State regulations and Company policy which may include medical and physical examinations.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 30 pounds to a minimum height of 3 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such a weight a minimum distance of 4 feet.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, perform overhead lifting, and perform other common physical movements as needed for your position.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the Community.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.